Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

My Son Mike and grandson Jak, in my canoe.
    dave

Awesome art work Dave , it realy amazes me how so many of us in the collecting militaria game have so many other hobbies and talents that are the same , cheers Raymond

Martial arts which including a black belt in Karate, instructor of Kungfu, years of wrestling, ton's of weight lifting. Some may consider this just plain exercise but it's a passion.

Then there are cars, cars, cars! The Porsche is mine and i own and play with 3 others with a Fiat x1/9 going for paint in a couple of weeks after months of restore. The 1932 Rolls Phantom 2 along with a host of others is what i do for a living and totally enjoy and is not work so i guess it is a hobby. With the fiat in the works and my usual fitness regiment it leaves me with not much time to study what i collect so unfortunately i depend alot on this forum of things i am not accustom to collecting or have doubts about.

rgds, Ty
    Attached Images Attached Images

LOve the Roll's, I had a X1/9, but did'nt restore it, I didn't fit in it!!
    Nice drawings panzer3, I like the genealogy as well, but I helped more other people tracing there family roots then I did for my own.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Raymand & stuka,
    thanks for the comments you are right Ray i have found that there are a lot of us who collect are very artistic in some way or another.
    i have a lot of stuff put away as you do, and sold some pieces at times. I love to study military battles for types of uniforms + weapons ect, As for the genealogy this has been a quest i took up in 67 with my dad, we have a great history in the family from and before the English civil war, so when he past over i carried on with it, and now help find lost members of the family. but the military is my passion.
    Dave.

?

Interesting thread. For me its all hockey, all the time....

It`s strange how many have similar interests other than militaria!.
    i follow football,especially Arsenal (which seems more expensive than the militaria!!).
    i`m also a Tattooist and have always wanted to try sculpture but did`nt really now how to start (i`ll have to do a night class )

?

My hobbys are :
    Track days with my cbr
    practikal shooting
    and fishing

I like to study Anglo-Saxon Britain and the Vikings!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

hi all- new here, great site. my main hobby is building drystone structures. reading also- anyone been to Tallin, i read about it as part of the german retreat after the siege of `leningrad`and some mention that stone was/is a big part in its construction.

Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast