Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

my other hobbies are taking care of my two beautiful babys, my 1993 golf gti and my 307cc
    Best regards
    nuno
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Like you jimpy i love anything military, collecting , modelling etc but i have been singing in a musical society for 17yrs and played a number of lead roles my two best roles have been playing God in a musical called Children of Eden and Bill Sykes in Oliver, two perfect roles for an ex copper! My other passion is fishing, nothing like a relaxing early summers morning with a mist over a slow moving river and hooking into a nice fish, oh dear, wheres my rod and reel.

Nothing against you Dave but I would sooner go for a nice long run in the countryside on my bike than spend a day "maggot drowning" (Fishing is my eldest boys passtime when hes not on tour with the army)
    Sorry mate but you cant beat the thrill/exhilaration of being on two wheels, with the stereo thumping, hitting the twisties, or "mile munching", then again, I do have the right bike to do it all in comfort, got a Honda GoldWing!

?

True but i bet its not as good as a Zundapp or BMW with side car and MG 34 attached, now that would be my idea of cruising the country lanes . i might even give up fishing for that.

?

Nah,
    just fit 2 GPMG's on pintle mounts......one front and one rear for the pillion. Loads of stowage space for the ammo in the panniers set up with feeder guides, should make for an interesting conversion!

Now theres an idea.

?

GPMG, brings back memories , Guards training camp, Thetford, i was the one who always got lumbered carrying the bloody thing, that was the trouble in the TA the biggest always ended up with it, i even had to jump out of a wessex copter over sand and ended up nearly waist deep and couldnt move and i was supposed to be covering fire, took two guys to pull me out. Oh to be young again.

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    GPMG, brings back memories , Guards training camp, Thetford, i was the one who always got lumbered carrying the bloody thing, that was the trouble in the TA the biggest always ended up with it, i even had to jump out of a wessex copter over sand and ended up nearly waist deep and couldnt move and i was supposed to be covering fire, took two guys to pull me out. Oh to be young again.
    Hi Dave

I remember the joys of Thetford and Stanford PTA.......NOT!!
    I did my recruits course there back in 1981, (1st Btn Yorks Vols). I wasnt the biggest guy in my rifle section, unfortunately I was a bloody good shot with it so I copped for being section gunner, I cross-trained on Clansman, so became qualified as a RTO and got my flags, then when my section corporal was promoted and tasked with reforming the battalion GPMG-SF platoon, he asked me to go over with him as the platoon RTO, one catch, I had to do the GPMG-SF Gunner/Fire Controllers course..........guess who agreed? 10 day course with SASC on Salisbury Plain, and it tipped it down for 8 of them. (God, I wish I could afford to buy a deac GPMG and SF kit AND had the space to display them set up!)

To quote you......."Oh to be young again!"

All the best
    Ian

PS: What unit were you with Dave?
    I did 8 years TA, (infantry and engineers)

?

hello

in my spare time i care for my flock of animals ! i have

frogs
    axolotals
    hamster
    degu
    2 hedgehogs
    shrimp
    2 dogs

so that lot takes aLOT of time ane mony to care for but i goes with my future carere choice ... vet lol

?

Now I'm curious to see your flock!
    Regards

Matt

?

Country and Bluegrass

?

I've been recently taken by gundog training and also water dog rescue training. My dog is just like another son
    Regards

Matt

Page 13 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast