Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 115 of 149 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1482

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    That looks absolutely beautiful Jerry, the top pic is really stunning mate. How high up from the lakes are you there?
    Thanks Dave.

The ascent on the walk is 940m up to the top of the peak at 1085m above sea level, and in the UK only the mountains in Scotland are higher, I have been up a few of them. mind you, I walked up from the other side rather than the two lakes you can see in the first two pics, rather from next to the lake in the last pics. The weird thng about Snowdon is that you can get a train to the top, so you struggle up there and it is full of old people and little kids in sandals!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    I like the Miners Track up from Pen-y-Pass, or if I am feeling adventurous I take the Pyg Track up over Crib Goch ridge. I don't think I have ever done the Ranger Path, I have done the Horseshoe once which takes in part of the Watkin Path, which in turn is part of the Ranger Path I believe, I need to do this again sometime soon !
    If we go again we will go up that way, probably not go along Crib goch though as that looks scarey! My wife has been up Watkins as she had been up before. Talking in another post about Monroes, she has bagged about 85 I think from when sh ued to live in Scotland. I have only done two which are in the panoramas below.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Alot of interesting stories and photos of other addictions besides militaria in this thread.

Nice pictures Jerry, I have only been up Ben Nevis in Scotland, possibly another but cant remember now

Cheers

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Nice pictures Jerry, I have only been up Ben Nevis in Scotland, possibly another but cant remember now

Cheers
    One of the two I did is Ben Lomond (the pic with the loch) and we intend to go up to do Ben Nevis either later this year or next. The wife has done the Inaccessible Pinnacle on Skye. We also did a few in the lakes and though Erika has been up Scafell I have not so we also intend to go back up for that and some others. We did Langdale and Helvellyn (or rather most of it) and another when we were there.
    Regards,

Jerry

Yes its nice in Scotland, I have done Scafell, and also Scafell Pike, done it a few times, I have also done the 3 Peaks many years ago

I have also been up Helvellyn, did you see the memorial to the RAF Mosquito that crashed there in 1945 ?

Mosquito HK141, Striding Edge, Helvellyn. | aircrashsites.co.uk

Cheers

Still walking up mountains whenever I can. Also out on the bike whenever possible.

Black mountains at the peak of Fan Brecheiniog for the walking pics and near Dolgellau for the bike.
    Regards,

Jerry

Any shooters in the crowd? I have been shooting for years, have several very accurate Savage models in multiple calibers but of all the shooters I have I enjoy the RPR in 7.62x51 the most. This thing is a tack driver. At 100 yards I can put down a 3 shot group you can cover with a penny. It's a basic RPR with a tanker muzzle brake, acushot monopod and BT10-17lw bipod. For glass I like the Leupold optics and selected the 6x18x40. Don't get me wrong I have a Scar 17 with Eotech laser and magnifier that is fun to shoot. But nothing is as impressive as shooting an 8 inch steel plate at 500 yards.

That's pretty impressive.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    That's pretty impressive.
    Thanks for the response, I love to shoot. Here is a 10 shot 50 yard group from a Savage FV-SR that I like to shoot. Of course with 22LR ammo quality is everything. I shoot either RWS or Geco which are both very very consistent. The RWS will chrono at 980 ft a second and the Geco is a constant 1,080 ft a second which keeps both of them below the sound barrier so very quiet to shoot also. The rifle is equipped with a boyds stock, Leupold glass and Harris Bipod.