Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 116 of 149 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1482

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

I've been looking at a RPR in .308, but I just can't convince myself to pull the trigger on one. I've read a lot of great reviews on them. I'm stuck on Remington 700s, but since they got bought, I've been hearing more and more bad about them. I might have to look harder at the RPR. Do you hand load for yours?

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    I've been looking at a RPR in .308, but I just can't convince myself to pull the trigger on one. I've read a lot of great reviews on them. I'm stuck on Remington 700s, but since they got bought, I've been hearing more and more bad about them. I might have to look harder at the RPR. Do you hand load for yours?
    No I do not hand load. I've had good luck with any of the quality ammo's on the market and it seems to really like the 147gr. I had a 700 and they are fine rifles, mine would shoot some great groups. The biggest difference between the RPR, the 700 and the Savage all in .308 that I have shot is the trigger and adjustments. The RPR comes with one of the best adjustable triggers I have ever felt. I put a Geissele in my scar 17 and I always thought the savage accutrigger wasn't bad. But the RPR puts them all to shame from a stock rifle. The stock is also very configurable to the shooter and some how the design they used minimizes the recoil more so than either the 700 or model 10. However the recoil is still much better on something like the scar with it's heavy slow bolt and adjustable gas.

Sure, I'm a shooter too :-) but with muzzle loader pistols and revolvers !! Favorite gun is a Danish made dueling pistol from the 1850's ! Best result was 97 out of a 100 :-)
    Mfg
    Marc

Quote by unimarc View Post
    Sure, I'm a shooter too :-) but with muzzle loader pistols and revolvers !! Favorite gun is a Danish made dueling pistol from the 1850's ! Best result was 97 out of a 100 :-)
    Mfg
    Marc
    I do feel for you guys in Europe. I grew up a military brat and spent most of my younger years in Germany. I still have a good friend there that likes to shoot and he tells me it takes an act of congress to get a 22lr in Germany. He came here to visit and couldn't believe the weapons I have. I think he liked the HK91 the best, it is a classic quality German gun that he had never held.

Speaking of Ruger, I shot my new AR 556 today. 120 rounds straight. No jams, double feeds, no problems. I only throw this statement in because I appreciate first hand reviews wherever I can find them.

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Speaking of Ruger, I shot my new AR 556 today. 120 rounds straight. No jams, double feeds, no problems. I only throw this statement in because I appreciate first hand reviews wherever I can find them.
    I'm kind of an AR fan. Cheap to shoot with good knock down power and range. Hard to go wrong with them, however I do favor the Genuine Colts but there are many good manufactures of them out there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by rbminis View Post
    My newest find to add to my collection!
    I have been searching for one of these for 15 years. I am quite stoked!

Ralph.

Attachment 450258
    Well, for any that still visit this thread, 20 years since I first started looking for road kill birds of prey and this beauty just returned home today!
    Soooo happy to have finally found this one and got it mounted!
    Ralph.

0.jpg
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Beautiful Ralph. A shame about the owl though.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That is a great looking mount , Ralph.
    Do you need any special permits to be able to do that?
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Beautiful Ralph. A shame about the owl though.
    Thanks Michael!
    It's better than leaving her in the ditch to rot though. I find them beautiful and would rather preserve them than leave them.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)