Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 149 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Ingrid, somehow I expected someone loaded to the hilt with weapons, and pistols, with body armor and such hehe
    The airport security stole everything from me!!!

Regards

?

Quote by Poromies View Post
    What kind of a plant is that? :O:O
    I think it's an Agave Americana (not sure if the spelling is correct) On the end of each leaf is a sharp thorn. Indians used to snap of the thorns and peel a strip off the edge off the leaf. They used to use it as a needle and thread to mend their moccasins. (I'm a mine of useless information)

There is no such thing as useless information

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    We certainly do Tom, here is my cat Holly!
    Holly seems to have a moustache! I she a part of the collection, Nick?

Regards

Quote by davejb View Post
    GPMG, brings back memories , Guards training camp, Thetford, i was the one who always got lumbered carrying the bloody thing, that was the trouble in the TA the biggest always ended up with it, i even had to jump out of a wessex copter over sand and ended up nearly waist deep and couldnt move and i was supposed to be covering fire, took two guys to pull me out. Oh to be young again.
    thats me now unfortunatly i am the biggest and the best shot with it its a beuty of a weapon all the same im happy i got a jimpy than a minimi

tom

Quote by davejb View Post
    GPMG, brings back memories , Guards training camp, Thetford, i was the one who always got lumbered carrying the bloody thing, that was the trouble in the TA the biggest always ended up with it, i even had to jump out of a wessex copter over sand and ended up nearly waist deep and couldnt move and i was supposed to be covering fire, took two guys to pull me out. Oh to be young again.
    Hi Dave, I was at Thetford guards training camp during a very hot July in 1980. If I didnt get the 'jimpy' I ended up with the' Charlie G' !!!! Mind you Thetford was a welcome relief from the Guards depot at Pirbright!

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Woolgar; 11-03-2011 at 02:26 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Holly seems to have a moustache! I she a part of the collection, Nick?

Regards
    Ha! Ha! Yes she's a kitler !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

My hobbies include: reading, drawing, sports (A.C. Milan soccer, St. Lawrence University hockey, NY Yankees baseball, NY Giants American football, NY Rangers hockey, NY Red Bulls soccer, NY Knicks basketball...). I also am obviously a WWII buff, so I eat up pretty much any halfway decent t.v. show, movie, book, magazine, etc. about the subject.

I love to travel... I've been all up and down the east coast of the U.S. I've been to Vegas, Colorado. I've been to Paris, Berlin, and pretty much every major city in Italy (with the exception of Torino...)

I love Italian history in general. My family has a house in Calabria that I've been to... maybe 20times in my 25yr existance?

Although my interest has cooled on this, I have a small collection of ancient Roman coins, rings and an arrow head... I have a silver denarus with Marcus Aurelius on it... my prized coin is a small one from the Greek colony that became my hometown in Italy (Crotone)! I love using these coins as hands on tools for my Global Studies students.

My interest in this has also cooled, but I used to be a paintball fanatic during high school and college. I started out playing in the woods military style with friends, but I got good enough to gain a call-up from a professional team playing in the Canadian XBall league. The tournament scene became too stressful, and not fun... almost like a job... so I sold off a lot of my high-end gear. Now I have some very basic guns and play military style paintball in the woods with buddies every now and then.

Ouch:

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    My hobbies include: reading, drawing, sports (A.C. Milan soccer, St. Lawrence University hockey, NY Yankees baseball, NY Giants American football, NY Rangers hockey, NY Red Bulls soccer, NY Knicks basketball...). I also am obviously a WWII buff, so I eat up pretty much any halfway decent t.v. show, movie, book, magazine, etc. about the subject.
    you obviously like a lot of NY sports NY this and NY that i didn't know New york had that many teams

tom

That's really only the half of it! There are also the NY Mets for baseball, NY Jets and Buffalo Bills for American football, and the NY Islanders and Buffalo Sabres for hockey ... I just don't like these teams very much. :P

Of course I love playing sports too. I also forgot to mention videogames... they're my guilty pleasure.

Page 20 of 149 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 120 ... LastLast