Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 149 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Ive only been collecting for a short while, but my main hobby is Minitrucks. Most of you im sure dont like them, or down right hate them, but i love them!

This is my truck, 96 Ford Ranger (the white one), the green one is a fellow member of the minitruck club im in.

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    . . . Most of you im sure dont like them, or down right hate them, but i love them!

This is my truck, 96 Ford Ranger (the white one), . . .
    Rangers are great. Been my reliable daily ride for the past twenty years ('91XLT 4X4; '99 Sport 4X4; current is '98 FX4 Off-Road. My teenage son just obtained his driver's licence, and with a little help from dad is now also in a Ranger.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Bringing this to the top again.
    This pair are made from damascus steel and mastodon tusk. The steel comes from a friend that forges his own damascus to make custom hand made knives. He saves all of his scraps to give to me. The long one is about 5 inches long,(13 cm). They are made with a full hidden tang that goes all the way to the fluted pommel and is threaded. All of my blades are hand cut and filed and sanded. The guard is hand cut and filed to this pattern.
    I hope you like them.
    Ralph.
    Ralph, you have an amazing and rare talent. Those models in miniature are exquisite. Works of art. To capture such detail on such a small scale is almost beyond comprehension. I'm in awe of them, thank you for posting.

P.S. Where do you get mastodon tusk from???

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you Adrian!
    When building them, if any parts are not right, they are remade.
    I get my mastodon tusk from a jeweler's supply store. They also cater to gold miners and panners. I believe most of it comes from the Yukon.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you Chris and Kris!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thank you Chris and Kris!
    Hehe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    I also have e30 vert and 2 sedans :-)
    Meyle any photos of your cars?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Rangers are great. Been my reliable daily ride for the past twenty years ('91XLT 4X4; '99 Sport 4X4; current is '98 FX4 Off-Road. My teenage son just obtained his driver's licence, and with a little help from dad is now also in a Ranger.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Then your as sad as i am about Ford killing the ranger off today (or untill they decide to market the t6 in the US)!

Just bringing this one to the top again.
    This sword is made from damascus steel, blued steel, brass, water buffalo horn handle, ivory "fangs", and mastodon tusk tip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (277.1 KB, 22 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (266.7 KB, 22 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (120.2 KB, 25 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (186.7 KB, 23 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.JPG (250.6 KB, 19 views)

Another very nice piece of work, Ralph!

Regards

Page 30 of 149 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 ... LastLast