MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 39 of 149 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Nice Spanish Mack Dave.
    You lucky buggers

My 4wd and where it takes me...
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Nice fish everyone.

I havent been out fishing for a while, It been too wet and cold.

Does anyone have any of the Old Irish Currency?

I like to collect old Irish notes and coins.

P2080002.jpgP2080001.jpg

Cheers,
    Pat

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Hey Ralph,
    Some hasty shots of a few of my lighter braid 6'6" spinning rods.Nice stiff tips on them all for soft plastics exept the Shimano Taipan which is quite whippy and a tad shorter at 6 foot.The old Shimano Taipan (15 odd years old) is still my fav light hardbody lure rod,Gives the lure a nice action with a few wrist jerks every few cranks.
    My Little 1000 Shimano is spooled with 4 pound on one spool and 6 pound on the other.The Penn is my 8 pound salt water light spinning reel and is matched to the Don Cliffton rod in the image.

Attachment 309931Attachment 309932Attachment 309933

I like the longer rod for soft plastics as it gives me length to maneuver the offering and the feel with the stiffer tip and braided line.I must agree soft plastic's fished with braid is similar to fishing a wet fly.
    And my old Landy Defender 110,I love this old girl,she never lets me down.Touch wood.
    Tight lines Ralph.
    Well done on the landy mate, arent they the best!!

The best Dave
    No doubt about it.

mpw
    ?

Some great hobbies and interests so far. I have so many myself I really could do with a clone to take my place at work while I go fishing, fiddle with old motorcycles and archaeology. I have been a collector for over 35 years now and really got into military items through my main one of bottle collecting. Having dug many Victorian and Edwardian rubbish tips I have dug a fair amount of military items and researching them led me here. Here are a couple of pics of the tip of my iceberg so to speak.
    Mark.

?

Did you dig the stone jars too?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

mpw
    ?

Hi Adrian. Only about a third of the stone jars were dug the rest were purchased at flea markets, boot fairs etc. My job takes me onto a lot of farms and many have come from dusty old barns although this way of finding items is becoming rare now as people are aware of the value of collectibles and most end up in auctions. Here are a few more pics of some really old advertising material.

Mark.

Just bumping this one back to the top!
    I like doing this as it causes others to show their other interests as well.
    Ralph.
    This one is 4 1/2 inches long. It is made from stainless steel hand filed and polished. The temper line is acid etched onto the blade. The handle and scabbard are made from Swiss pear wood. The scabbard has about 10 coats of black, wet sanded in between each coat, then a coat of clear with gold pearl in it. There are mother of pearl inlays on the ends within the caps. All of the bands on the scabbard and handle are drilled and filed from solid brass, there are no solder joints to fail. It is fully dismountable just like a real one.
    The case is made from solid Swiss pear and has about 10 coats of black paint wet sanded between coats and about 6 coats of clear on top. I made all of the latches and catches except for the hinges. It has a piece of balsa insert covered by the cloth that is cut out in the shape of the sword. It has a sheet of copper laid in the bottom so that when it is opened, it sits flat on the bottom, otherwise it would be balanced when it is open and sit like a "V". The charicature on the lid represents "Harmony"
    Hope you like it.
    Ralph.
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (252.4 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (244.8 KB, 17 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (249.7 KB, 19 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (108.6 KB, 21 views)
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (126.1 KB, 19 views)
    • File Type: jpg 10.JPG (127.7 KB, 23 views)
    • File Type: jpg 11.JPG (204.6 KB, 17 views)
    • File Type: jpg 12.JPG (59.7 KB, 18 views)
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Outstanding workmanship Ralph
    I must say though I am a little surprised you did not hand forge and fold that blade as they would have done in Japan in the traditional manner

Regards Mark K

Page 39 of 149 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 139 ... LastLast