Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 40 of 149 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Outstanding workmanship Ralph
    I must say though I am a little surprised you did not hand forge and fold that blade as they would have done in Japan in the traditional manner

Regards Mark K
    Thanks Mark!
    A little tough to do in this scale.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Nice work Ralph, I like it alot.

I must ask, what is your favorite piece you made?

Cheers, Pat

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Here's one of me from earlier in the year after a couple of outings on the Roe bucks. I do some deer management on some land in Hampshire so there are a couple of young bucks here and an older one. I leave the stronger, middle aged animals to breed and take the young, old, injured or lame animals to ensure the healthiest population on the land. It is also a good way to stock my freezer. I don't like buying meat wrapped in plastic so by deer stalking I have the freshest meat possible in which I take a personal pride in taking from the field to my plate. I shoot, dress, butcher and cook everything myself as my ethics as a hunter.
    I enjoy going out with my rifle, being in the countryside and watching the wildlife. Shooting something is an incidental, being outside and watching life carry on around me as I sit quietly is a rewarding experience. Watching the young deer being born and grow up, the foxes and birds and insects are what it's about and much more entertaining than sitting in front of the TV for hours!
    Looks like a good day out.
    You seem to have an eye for quality - Steyr Mannlicher.
    What calibre?

?

Besides collecting military I have a passion for building 4x4's and have rebuilt many over the years I am currently rebuilding a 79 jeep Wagoneer I have finished the mechanical and now I have to finish the bodywork and paint ,liftkit,and weld up and add the equipment rack to the roof .
    Other hobbies include anything to do with the great outdoors the photo of the gentleman with the rainbow trout is my Dad he caught this monster while we were fly fishing last summer.
    I allways have a camera with me and love photography the last photo is of a cloud trying to spawn a small tornado while I was working on a rig in the Dawson creek area in northern British Columbia

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

You do get some terrific fish out there, everything always seems to be monster size

?

Hey Dave that is the biggest trout my Dad or I have ever caught it was just shy of 12 pounds took my dad near half an hour to get him in the boat .

Regards Mark K

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    Nice work Ralph, I like it alot.

I must ask, what is your favorite piece you made?

Cheers, Pat
    Thank you Pat!
    Glad you like it. I don't think I can narrow it down to just one, there are a few.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Hey Dave that is the biggest trout my Dad or I have ever caught it was just shy of 12 pounds took my dad near half an hour to get him in the boat .

Regards Mark K
    Very nice rainbow Mark!
    12 pounds on the fly is a great catch!
    Ralph.

Mark is enjoying Canada the right way!

I used to live in Utah, where I managed to get outside a lot. Pennsylvania is good for nothing but woods and lake-effect snow. We also get a lot of Canadians who come here for the tax-free clothes, but I like you guys a hell of a lot more than the snow!

Anyway, here is my latest hobby. I adopted a 10-month-old cat from the Humane Society 3 days ago. Her name is Tango.
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Sorry Ralph I missed your reply That trout was a monster I am positive if we lost it near the boat my Dad would have dove in after it .
    We ended up smoking all the trout we caught that trip and then canning it .

Regards Mark K

Page 40 of 149 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 140 ... LastLast