Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 42 of 149 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

l collect militaria mostly, but i have a bit of everything, graphic art, which after 52 years, l almost hate doing it now, digging for old relics, and gold prospecting, my favorite past-times, but the past year, it is a lot harder then it used to be..so l am always checking out yard sales, junk stores, etc. for militaria, one has to keep busy with something, l find it pretty easy to find a new hobby now and then.. cheers , jerry

Again like most fellows I LOVE collecting military memorabilia but aside from that I'm a coin buff I also collect my share of books. I love to read things like Bernard Cornwell and Clive Cussler. Good stuff.

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    My favorite LP record today

Attachment 336414

Cheers, Pat
    Patrick, that is a great album!
    I still have a well kept copy.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Besides militaria, I hunt and fish alot. I don't travel as much as I used to, but I still want to get to the Imperial War Museum one day. This is a deer I shot in '95, it's a buck, but the antlers on both sides grew straight down the side of it's head. The taxidermist could barely fit a scalpel between the skull and the antlers they were that tight against it. It didn't taste any different though.

deer1.jpgdeer3.jpgdeer2.jpg

Did he live next to a nuclear reactor spent fuel rod dump Paul.
    An interesting mutation.
    Nice score mate,you will never shoot another like him.A one off hey.
    Have a good one cobber
    Dave

That is one weird deer there.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Good that you took him out of the competition.

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Patrick, that is a great album!
    I still have a well kept copy.
    Ralph.
    Its my newest record. I think Dad has records come every week so I think this might be a month or so old. It is a great album

*update*
    My favorite record this morning.
    Christopher-Cross-Christopher-Cross.jpg

Cheers, Pat

?

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    Besides militaria, I hunt and fish alot. I don't travel as much as I used to, but I still want to get to the Imperial War Museum one day. This is a deer I shot in '95, it's a buck, but the antlers on both sides grew straight down the side of it's head. The taxidermist could barely fit a scalpel between the skull and the antlers they were that tight against it. It didn't taste any different though.
    Is that a Whitetail deer? I've seen a few bizarre heads on deer and even have one on my wall but I've only seen this anomaly once before on a Red deer.
    Do you know how old it was? (Roughly?)

Here is my first buck of the season, a decent six point Roe. I've been told it might make a bronze medal but my feeling is that it will be just under the minimum CIC score.
    I gauge it to be about three or four years old. I had watched this buck for about half an hour as it and another got head to head over a territorial boundary. I've never been lucky enough to see two bucks fighting but was priviledged on this occasion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Adrian; 04-25-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

lol, no nukes around where I shot this one. Yes, it's a whitetail, we figured it might have been 2.5 years at the most, based on it's head and body size. No one checked the teeth. I showed a picture to a game warden, and he thought maybe it had run into something head first and damaged the pedecals(sp) and that made the antlers grow down instead of up. When I first saw it, I thought it had to be in pain, it didn't look very comfortable, but he had rubbed most of the velvet off. I've never seen another one like it in the wild, but I've seen one other picture, but that deer only had one antler growing down.

Page 42 of 149 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 142 ... LastLast