Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 45 of 149 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Thats super cool Ade.
    Amazing what you find out at times hey.
    Who was Gun's and Roses "Sweet Child of Mine" writen for/about.
    A good question for a music based quiz night that one.
    Well done mate.

I have played guitar in cover bands for years,and oftentimes the money i earn from playing funds my militaria addiction. This video was shot at a show last month
    Turn the Page - YouTube

Quote by Scout View Post
    Yep, pretty docile looking (until the fit hits the shan, that is - as you mention, Ned).
    Same reason Greenland Ox or Elephant dont appeal to that much (even if I had the funds).
    Rifle hunting most often is 'easy' after a while - real men hunt with bow, spear or even better, knives!
    I'll run with the first part of the last statement mate.
    MONSTER.jpg
    Mathew's little 70# 7.0 Monster.My F1 Compound.
    My old faithful is a 60# PSE Mossy Oak (First model) flinging Beman Camohunter 400's.Still use my baby for bunny busting with 100gn small game heads.
    Go the bow.

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    Its my newest record. I think Dad has records come every week so I think this might be a month or so old. It is a great album

*update*
    My favorite record this morning.
    Attachment 336663

Cheers, Pat
    Another great album Patrick!
    I have this one as well!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Very cool Ade!
    Ralph.
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Carl, I can.

Still putting it all into context, turns out my 2nd cousin 3 times removed is the famous film director Robert Edward Stevenson, who you will all know from his Disney films. He directed "Mary Poppins", "The Love Bug" etc.

Robert Stevenson - IMDb

His daugther is the actress Venetia Invicta Stevenson, who stared in the WW2 film Darby's Rangers. Found pics of her with Elvis, etc. She married Don Everly of the Everly Brother's fame.

Their daughter is Erin Invicta Everly, my 5th cousin, once removed. She married Axl Rose! He wrote Sweet child of mine for her.

How cool is that?

I can take my direct Stevenson bloodline back to 1580.

Cheers, Ade.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Great mounts and photos guys!
    I don't actually hunt, but I do collect birds of prey. I have permits for 25 birds, although I have only 11 mounted. The rest are still in the freezer.
    Hawks, owls and falcons. The fischer I found on the highway on a fishing trip. He was still warm, I could not bring myself to leave him there. My taxidermist friend told me that most people who hunt have not and probably never will see one in the wild.
    Ned, you are correct, my friend told me that even if they damage their genitals while jumping over a fence, their antlers will be deformed. He mounted a moose recently that had one antler that curved down and formed a sort of cup over the eye, very neat.
    Ralph.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (102.5 KB, 32 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (85.1 KB, 33 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (235.3 KB, 36 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.JPG (238.4 KB, 22 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.JPG (241.2 KB, 22 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.JPG (205.4 KB, 26 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (127.0 KB, 34 views)

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Carl, I can.

Still putting it all into context, turns out my 2nd cousin 3 times removed is the famous film director Robert Edward Stevenson, who you will all know from his Disney films. He directed "Mary Poppins", "The Love Bug" etc.

Robert Stevenson - IMDb

His daugther is the actress Venetia Invicta Stevenson, who stared in the WW2 film Darby's Rangers. Found pics of her with Elvis, etc. She married Don Everly of the Everly Brother's fame.

Their daughter is Erin Invicta Everly, my 5th cousin, once removed. She married Axl Rose! He wrote Sweet child of mine for her.

How cool is that?

I can take my direct Stevenson bloodline back to 1580.

Cheers, Ade.

That's a bit impressive Ade!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Interesting trophies chaps. I have seen a grossly mutated Moose trophy in the Boone and Crockett Club in Missoula, MT. I had a photo of it but can't find it now, so here's one I've lifted off the net as an example, although nowhere near as big.

Did you know that if a bull becomes castrated due to fighting during the rut or by accident; that the bull will immediately shed it’s current set of antlers and start to re-grow another set, this new set will be deformed and misshapen and he will wear this set for the rest of his life never shedding them again? It's true!!
    Yes, absolutely true. If the supply of testosterone is interrupted or the supply cut off, the antlers will grow uncontrollably in velvet, never shedding or hardening. Eventually the mass on the head of the deer will kill it through infection or because the antler will grow down over the face of the animal and blind it. These heads are known as 'Perruque'. Common in Roe deer compared to other species, maybe as a result of them living at barbed wire height in area with barbed wire. Ouch.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Rifle hunting most often is 'easy' after a while - real men hunt with bow, spear or even better, knives!
    The rifle is the only legal option in the U.K.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I don't actually hunt, but I do collect birds of prey. I have permits for 25 birds, although I have only 11 mounted. The rest are still in the freezer.
    Hawks, owls and falcons. The fischer I found on the highway on a fishing trip. He was still warm, I could not bring myself to leave him there. My taxidermist friend told me that most people who hunt have not and probably never will see one in the wild.
    Nice mounts Ralph, I didn't realise you needed a permit to keep these in the U.S.. I have some roadkill in the freezer and like you, if I find an uncommon animal or bird by the side of the road, I have to stop too!
    I'm not always popular.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Another great album Patrick!
    I have this one as well!
    Ralph.
    Thats excellent, That record is a very nice one to listen to.

Do you have Kurt Cobain on LP?

1178972290_nirvana_unplugged_ny.jpg

Cheers, Pat

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    Thats excellent, That record is a very nice one to listen to.

Do you have Kurt Cobain on LP?

1178972290_nirvana_unplugged_ny.jpg

Cheers, Pat
    Hi Pat, no, I don't have any of his albums. I didn't enjoy his music enough to buy them.
    Ralph.

Page 45 of 149 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 145 ... LastLast