Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by battle gear View Post
    fine dining, international cuisine

I enjoy trying all types of foods from other countries
    Me too!!

Rick
    ?

Apart from the history of WW2 and related items my other passion is.. Kasper my Wiemaraner was a full time hobby and was also a handfull, but a lousy gun dog, unfortunately he died recently.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Although militaria is and always will be a life long passion of mine there are a number of hobbies and pastimes i enjoy besides that.

I enjoy reading and watching documentaries on history, I play allot of pc games(mostly war related games, well, only war related games lol) I make plastic models when i have the time.

I have had an interest in the Zone(Chernobyl) for a good many years now, i read and watch documentaries on the subject and also have a very large and beautiful painting done by a good friend of mine from Poland that he called "Postcard from the zone".

it would be very interesting to visit Chernobyl NPP and The ghost town "Prypyat".

I also collect and study ancient japanese weapons, artifacts and furniture. I have several pet Reptiles that i love even though i have been bitten a number of times by them haha.

I have 2 thick tailed geckos, 2 golden tailed geckos, 2 broad banded sand swimmers and a blue tongue skink.

It is allot of hard work to own reptiles but very rewarding.

I used to enjoy a good cigar but the prices are now far too much for something you smoke, because of that i now have a very nice premium humidor i no longer have a use for, need to try and sell it one of these days. Now im just a cigarette smoker, Camels only for me

Cheers-

Darren

?

Quote by Seibei View Post
    Although militaria is and always will be a life long passion of mine there are a number of hobbies and pastimes i enjoy besides that.

I enjoy reading and watching documentaries on history, I play allot of pc games(mostly war related games, well, only war related games lol) I make plastic models when i have the time.

I have had an interest in the Zone(Chernobyl) for a good many years now, i read and watch documentaries on the subject and also have a very large and beautiful painting done by a good friend of mine from Poland that he called "Postcard from the zone".

it would be very interesting to visit Chernobyl NPP and The ghost town "Prypyat".

I also collect and study ancient japanese weapons, artifacts and furniture. I have several pet Reptiles that i love even though i have been bitten a number of times by them haha.

I have 2 thick tailed geckos, 2 golden tailed geckos, 2 broad banded sand swimmers and a blue tongue skink.

It is allot of hard work to own reptiles but very rewarding.

I used to enjoy a good cigar but the prices are now far too much for something you smoke, because of that i now have a very nice premium humidor i no longer have a use for, need to try and sell it one of these days. Now im just a cigarette smoker, Camels only for me

Cheers-

Darren

Well I see several people here have similar hobbies. My passion for collecting Militaria started by Building plastic model kits for over 20 yrs..( I no longer do it) I like RC cars and airplanes, computer games and everything related to WW II.I have twins so I had to put aside my free time for a while..

when I am not wrapped up in the thrilling pursuit of the next aviation item, I enjoy photography, antique hunting, reading (profusely), target shooting, landscape design, classic car restoration, and spending time with my daughter. I collect original props used in the movie 'Titanic' and also period artifacts of the White Star Line from the Titanic era thru the 1920's. A few examples...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Beautiful kids Darren , heres my little rats , and a couple of other interests , i love sculptureing , and my 68 coupe De Ville , sadly the Caddys gone , cheers Raymond

I have lots of other interests.
    I love motorcycles and try to ride every chance I get. I am
    an amature photogragher so a perfect day for me is to load
    up my cameras on my Harley and see where the road leads.

I work (currently only part time ) in the racing industry
    for a company that builds custom trucks,trailers and coaches
    for used to haul racecars and their teams around. I have worked
    on stuff for most of the big name NHRA drag race teams, Nascar,
    Cart indy car, American LeMans, even a Monster truck and offshore
    boat racing team. So I try to collect a miniature diecast representative of the cars or teams I have worked for.

I also collect old glass marbles. Like the ones us old farts used to
    play with as kids. PLus I am restoring aTriumph chopper and customizing a Chevy pickup.

My toys---
    ( only about 1/4 of the dicast are shown as I don't have room to display them)
    The truck is just a weekend toy. It's been lowered 8 inches and runs a 410 HP
    motor so it's not to practical as a work truck anymore. The marbles are just fun.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 10-07-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Nice Hobby everybody beside collecting militaria my second favorite hobby is setting up the house outside and inside at Halloween i spend a week every year changing the look of the house for oct 31
    it sound weird and i am taking a chance to put that here but i love that and the kids too

Frenchy

?

awesome and creepy at the same time, great stuff!

Besides collecting, the other long-standing hobby is shooting, both pistol and rifle.
    In the years I have been also into parachuting, downhill mountain-biking and fishing (mainly trouts and pikes). Now my week-ends are dedicated to metal detecting , much more relaxing and less stressful for my backbone.

Quote by IMPERIAL QUEST View Post
    when I am not wrapped up in the thrilling pursuit of the next aviation item, I enjoy photography, antique hunting, reading (profusely), target shooting, landscape design, classic car restoration, and spending time with my daughter. I collect original props used in the movie 'Titanic' and also period artifacts of the White Star Line from the Titanic era thru the 1920's. A few examples...
    I do like them as well! Can let them be when I past them,White Star , Red star items!

Page 8 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast