MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 48 of 149 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by kingtiger View Post
    Nice rides gentlemen! I am glad I am not the only crazy old hot rod guy here. Dan, my next door neighbor passed away about 3 years ago and he owed a beautiful totally restored 1957 Chevy 2-door hard top. It went to Australia in a shipping container to a fellow over there. I would think gasoline is very expensive there, but it is here now too so I guess the old saying "You gotta pay to play" is certainly true here!

Mark
    Well Mark,
    Gas is hovering around the AUD$1.50 per litre ( that's about US$5.70 per gallon I think )
    My concession to the military is that the T Ford sedan is painted "Panzer Grey" taken from a Tamiya model colour.
    Shoulda seen the paint guy when I handed over the little bottle & said " I want 6 litres of this!"

Love the heavy metal ( T-bird ) by the way ......very cool!

Dan

That 'square bird' is one I have always admired. I like the style very much and that one is a beauty.

Mark

A couple more of my baby's. I am happy but broke. You only go around once so I save up and snag another one. I have a few more to post later.
    Mark
    DSC00826.jpgDSC01026.jpg

?

How about a hobby I used to have? Since the Gubmint here in the UK made us all get rid of them. Not the one I owned, of course. Do any of our American cousins own one of these? It's a Smith and Wesson model 52. Very, very accurate.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

And what a crying shame that was!
    All for nought.
    Why didnt they snag the one you got, de-ac?

?

It was not a de-ac. I was a target shooter. I had a firearms license. The picture is of a generic one, not the one I used to own. At the time obviously there was a flood of UK firearms on the market because the government had decided to DO something about "Gun Crime." A glut of guns as you will. They banned most of all registered firearms. It drove the prices in the UK down severely. I had to sell the most accurate firearm I have ever had the privilege to own for one tenth of its value.
    That still hurts. Now only criminals have them, and the only thing I ever shot with my 52 was paper. As they say over there, Go Figure. I cant work out the way politicians think.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 04-29-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

That really ***** Andy, I doubt anyone will ever figure out how politicians think, I don't think they're capable really. I used to own a model 39, but I was never a big fan of smith autos in the early days. They still make the best revolvers in my opinion, but that and a fiver might get you a cuppa. But then saying that, I have to eat my words because I bought a smith M&P last month. It fits my hand like a glove, and shoots like a dream, even if it is plastic lol. They have 3 different grip pieces you can add to customize the pistol to your hand.

017.jpg

018.jpg

I'm still not sure about the front sight, it's a piece of fibre optic, it shows up well, but it's not protected very much. I'm not sure how much abuse it can take.

021.jpg

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Thanks mate,
    Nothing wrong with the old stick and string Paul.
    As you say mate very relaxing past time.
    Good form and tight groups to you always.
    All the best
    Dave
    Ta mate, and to you as well. I have to dig out my bow one of these days, I haven't shot it in years, just to make sure the string still works lol

?

That really ***** Andy, I doubt anyone will ever figure out how politicians think, I don't think they're capable really. I used to own a model 39, but I was never a big fan of smith autos in the early days. They still make the best revolvers in my opinion, but that and a fiver might get you a cuppa. But then saying that, I have to eat my words because I bought a smith M&P last month. It fits my hand like a glove, and shoots like a dream, even if it is plastic lol. They have 3 different grip pieces you can add to customize the pistol to your hand."

Paul, thats nice, very nice indeed. Thanks for posting it. It's good when you get them to sit like that, its just like it becomes part of your hand. Now I just cant wait to get back Stateside to visit the range. Crazy, I have to travel 5000 miles to my range.
    Hang onto the Second Amendment guys!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

I was only trying to say su cks nothing else lol and it bleeped me I do all I can to keep the 2nd amendment alive, I'm working on my life time membership to the NRA and all the other political stuff that goes with it, not having it is something I couldn't live with. And thank you Andy, I really do like tha tpistol, I've been thinking about the .22 version. It's odd, I always thought when I was younger, that having just one .22 would be enough, but I keep acquiring more of them, just like the old guys I knew as a kid who did the same thing...I see a pattern developing here lol

Page 48 of 149 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 148 ... LastLast