Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 52 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

?

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Before it starting raining cats and dogs and it was nice and sunny I went for a walk to the top of a hill to see the view.

My Corgi mutt and the start.

100_0919.jpg100_0920.jpg100_0921.jpg100_0922.jpg100_0928.jpg100_0924.jpg100_0923.jpg100_0927.jpg100_0925.jpg100_0926.jpg100_0931.jpg

Top of the hill.

100_0939.jpg100_0938.jpg100_0937.jpg100_0936.jpg100_0935.jpg100_0934.jpg100_0940.jpg

Cheers, Patrick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quite literally 'Top o' the mornin'!' eh Pat? What a lovely day over the water, all it's done here all day is....well you know!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

A beautiful place Pat

What do you do for fun out there though ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I also grow carnivorous plants. Most of them are indoors but I do have some hardy varieties outside but it's chucking down with rain so you'll have to take my word for it. Here are a few shots of some of my indoor plants that are readily to hand and easy to move to a suitable place to photograph them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Adrian I see you have at least two different Venus fly traps what other species are you hiding in the backyard prey tell

Regards Mark K

?

Good eye Mark!

Outside I have some more sundews, Drosera Filiformis and three different Sarracenia pitcher varieties, two tall growing and one lower species also known as the 'Huntsmans cup'.

In my window troughs I have a mixture of more Sarracenia pitcher plants, more Huntsmans cups, Venus fly traps and Drosera Capensis sundews.

I plan to empty one of my indoor troughs and dedicate it to the different Venus Flytrap varieties in the futire.

?

A very fine and adverse collection you have there Adrian do you have to subsidise there food with meal worms or maggots .
    I find the flytraps a little finicky and do not like sudden variations in temperature and or humidity do you have them in a stable controlled enviroment.

Regards Mark K.

?

No, not at all, they catch their own food. Occasionally if I find a suitable bug crawling around I feed it to the plants but not often.

The flytraps are generally easy to care for, as long as they're growing in peat (not compost), standing in rainwater (not tap water as the lime clogs the roots and kills them) and are in a sunny position they can be left their own devices. They do need a cool winter break though and look like they've died but they always start growing again in the spring. They just live on the window sills so they are exposed to a variation in temperature.

In fact I even have one outside. A couple of months ago I threw out some old growing medium and a small plant was amongst it. I found it a few weeks ago, floating in a bucket and actually showing signs of new growth so I've left it there as an experiment to see how it gets on!

?

I tried growing them a couple of times many years ago but I had not much luck with them I am afraid
    Maybe I shall try again now as they are an incredible species and I did enjoy them
    Possibly I was not looking after them properly from what you have just told me ,I shall see if I can find one and borrow some of your methods if you do not mind of course

Regards Mark K

?

No worries, let me know if I can help!

Page 52 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 ... LastLast