Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 54 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Great photos Jerry! These "timetravel" villages and such are a great thing to teach history! Even we Finns get to enjoy these Do they let visitors stand under the tomb? I would feel very uncomfortable standing underneath that!

Quote by Poromies View Post
    Great photos Jerry! These "timetravel" villages and such are a great thing to teach history! Even we Finns get to enjoy these Do they let visitors stand under the tomb? I would feel very uncomfortable standing underneath that!
    Yes, it is completely open access to the tomb, as are many of the others in the UK, though the village is not. The village is very well done and and the guides are very knowledgeable. They run a whole series of events and activities there, including weaving, spinning, and dressing up. They also have a pole lathe which is really cool and these were still used up until the late 19th century to make chair legs. The village was used a number of years back as an experimental archaeology site for the TV, where modern people tried to live the Iron Age life, though sadly it was not a great success as some of them got food poisoning. The highlight from the series was when one of them was trying to fry eggs on a bakestone and had not set it level, so every time he broke the eggs, they slid off into the fire. It might have been better if they had used people who had at least a basic understanding of the laws of gravity!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Afternoon all one of my other hobbies besides collecting military since I was old enough to tie a knot has been to tie a rope around myself and see what kind of awkward positions I can get in to ,
    Now before any one thinks this may sound a little funny or wierd ( LOOK AT THE PICTURES ) they will show all
    I have enjoyed caving,climbing/ice climbing ,trecking,rappelling,back packing for many years and still enjoy caving and backpacking to this day
    I still climb but very little anymore mostly indoor or large out door walls as I do not have a partner anymore/and me shoulder is buggered so after much consideration will be giving up this aspect of my hobbie.You may notice mixed in with my up to date regular gear is a fair bit of vintage climbing equipment,II west german helmets ,troll harness,pintons,vintage headlamps etc ...I still use much of this equipment to this day
    All of the older vintage climbing gear was purchased by me or past down to me from my climbing partner before he passed away and dates to the late 60s/early70s I thought I would take the opportunity to share a few images of my gear minus the tents,sleapingbags,bivy bags,and clothes.

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good stuff Mark,done a little climbing myself in my younger day's.
    Love your Aussie mate (the healer or cattle dog as you guy's call them).
    Cool banana's,
    Dave

?

Thanks Dave as to my dog who is lovingly named (Mad Max) he never tires and there has been many an occasion when I am climbing a shear face and he is laying on the top of a cliff or a set waiting for me.
    He has scared the h"ll out of me on more than one occasion you are reaching for the top or a ledge and he will come and bark or lick your hand!!!

Regards Mark K

?

Very cool pics Mark I was getting a little "nervous" at the beginning of the post

Regards, Lars

Waiting for the Victoria Secret Catalog to arrive in the mail!!!!

?

( LOL ) I THOUGHT THAT MIGHT RAISE A FEW EYEBROWS

Regards Mark K

you to

Now this has grown from playing around with friends in a combat simulator into a real hobby to say! Me and a few friends, a total of 12 people, organize these little co-op games every sunday where we play together over the internet one mission in ArmA2 that one of us has created over the week. These missions may last over two hours, the longest one we had was six hours. Thanks to modifications, one can play as a soldier of dozens of different countries, such as Germany, UK, Latvia, Japan, Finland, France and Australia.

The game we had today lasted 4 hours. Below is a quick screenshot I took of one of our Leopard 2A4, I am driving the thing. We had two tanks with full crews with the goal of rolling into a village from west and southeast and securing these two entries to town, while the fireteam of 4 special jaegers arrested a supposed resistance leader in a village about 10km away. Yeah, theres alot of depth in this thing, but it is still just for the fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 54 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 ... LastLast