Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 64 of 149 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

?

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Hi Adrian,

Great Cocker, they are always full of character, These are my three Sam, Eris and Star. All working, in fact we will be out on the hill this Friday and Saturday after the Grouse.
    Nice looking dogs Robin, a good selection for the grouse work. I've never been on a grouse moor before and am quite envious, especially when that view looks like it's at the end of your drive?

What breed is the dog in the foreground exactly? I was thinking Vizla but I haven't seen one with white in the coat before.

Quote by cart View Post
    A very nice puppy Adrian. Here are some pictures of my little friend in different moments. Don't know why in almost all photos he is sleeping.
    That looks like one great laid back character!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Amongst other hobbies, vintage motorbikes likes this military bike, that I bought just a few days ago.

The history and role of the type of bike before, during and after WWII as discussed here:
    Military motorcycle

Hi Adrian, Yes she's a Vizla, Some and she is one do get a flash of white on the chest and toes, not so good for showing but makes no difference to her working ability. I agree the view from my drive is pretty good. between the hill in the distance and the trees in the foreground lies Loch ness though you cant see it from the house.

?

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Hi Adrian, Yes she's a Vizla, Some and she is one do get a flash of white on the chest and toes, not so good for showing but makes no difference to her working ability. I agree the view from my drive is pretty good. between the hill in the distance and the trees in the foreground lies Loch ness though you cant see it from the house.
    A great part of the world!

If you manage to snap any pics while grouse shooting at any time I would be very keen to see them.

That’s a lovely looking wee dog there Adrian my kids would love it. In fact they are drooling at the moment looking at the pictures.
    Will a 14lb Canada goose fit that wee mouth lol.
    I was brought up with Springer’s, they were working dogs as well.
    Gave up the shooting a few years ago, I found I was starting to get softer as I got older.
    Still got my licence and guns though.
    In fact all of you have interesting hobbies and pets.
    Me I have just got the kids and a bit of fishing at the moment, not much time for much else.
    Regards
    Rod
    phone photos 010.jpg
    the last one I caught

?

Haha! Not sure a Canada would be a realistic prospect just at this moment!

That's a decent salmon too, where did you catch it and what did you catch it on?

There's probably a 'MacNab' in this thread if Robin can get himself a grouse or two over the weekend!

Yes it was a half decent one,I got that in the river Nith with one of my favourite spinners a floating red and black devon.
    But it has been a bad season so far too much rain, this river has never been at summer level this year. I used to do haaf netting for them as well. Perfectly legal by the way! My biggest one at that was 26lb, I have never broke the 20lb barrier with the rod.
    Those kids of mine are twins that’s why I cant find much time for adult stuff,
    Best regards
    Rod

Playing with the camera in the wife's flower garden
    Attached Images Attached Images
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Fall is finally here, my favorite time of year. I've been grouse huting 4 times so far, and finally connected this past tuesday(i really should have shot more skeet this summer) I take a break in Nov for deer hunting, then back to grouse in Dec, hopefully the snow will hold of until late again this year. I shoot a Berretta 686 in 20 ga

003.jpg

Ok, another collecting hobby outside militaria - fossils. For the past 12 years or so, it has been
    fossilised 'Megalodon' shark teeth that have captured my interest. These were prehistoric
    sharks that grew two or three times larger than todays 'Great White'. The average age
    of these teeth is between 5 and 15 million years BP ( Before Present ).

A present day Great White shark grows to around 24ft, with teeth measuring a maximum
    of about 2.25 inches long. 'Carcharocles Megalodon' may have reached lengths of 60 ft
    ( The size of a school bus or a 747 ) - the largest teeth on record are over 6 inches.
    Some scientists recon that there is about 10 feet of shark for every 1 inch of tooth.
    These sharks could swallow a small car or a whole cow in one bite.

Below are teeth ranging from 3.5 to just over 5 inches long.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 11-09-2012 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Additions, terminology.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 64 of 149 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 ... LastLast