Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 69 of 149 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by Scout View Post
    Amongst other hobbies, vintage motorbikes likes this military bike, that I bought just a few days ago.

The history and role of the type of bike before, during and after WWII as discussed here:
    Military motorcycle
    Wow a Nimbus!....

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Nice buck Eric,did you get it with the SKS ?.........Pete.
    Hi Pete yes I did and it was number 13 with it and some others over the years were taken with my K98 and Arisaki, brit303, M95 Steyr, 9130 mosin.
    But I like the SKS best it has good take down power and it is short for the brush and the weight is fair.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The SKS fires like a smooth riding Cadillac. A rifle of modern choice for me It doesnt creep up on you when firing off multiple bursts.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That's a nice buck, nice rack. This is mine, just a spike, but should be tender though. Was happy to see this one, the wolves were howling up a storm on tues night, so there wasn't nay movement on wed, he showed up thurs night finally.

Taylors Falls 009.jpg

Congrats on your harvest Paul

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Nice deer guys.........!

Below is one I 'shot' from my dining room window last fall:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Steve.

The closest I get to venison is in the meat aisle in Tesco LOL... Oh, and the muntjacks that have seen fit to bark all my apple trees. *waaah*

Hobbies outside of militaria... Showing my cat - I am owned by a non-pedigree tortoiseshell madam who has just achieved her Master Cat title, volunteering for Cats Protection, baking (often for the Cats Protection cake stall), watching motorsports and painting. I'll also confess to being something of a sci-fi geekette.

P.S. Madam Poppy loves venison... Oh, and rabbit, pheasant... Lucky I have a friend who goes shooting.

IMG_2944_vsmall.jpg

Here is Poppy, the naughtiest, tortiest cat on the planet, at her most recent show, posing with her MC certificate and her class rosette.
    Last edited by Reynard; 11-20-2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Photo added... :-)

Thanks Eric, I'm waiting on the butcher to finish up the sausage. Those are great pics Steve, I like the look on their face when they get curious lol

Quote by Reynard View Post
    The closest I get to venison is in the meat aisle in Tesco LOL... Oh, and the muntjacks that have seen fit to bark all my apple trees. *waaah*

Hobbies outside of militaria... Showing my cat - I am owned by a non-pedigree tortoiseshell madam who has just achieved her Master Cat title, volunteering for Cats Protection, baking (often for the Cats Protection cake stall), watching motorsports and painting. I'll also confess to being something of a sci-fi geekette.

P.S. Madam Poppy loves venison... Oh, and rabbit, pheasant... Lucky I have a friend who goes shooting.

IMG_2944_vsmall.jpg

Here is Poppy, the naughtiest, tortiest cat on the planet, at her most recent show, posing with her MC certificate and her class rosette.
    My late Mother in law used to foster litters of kittens for the CPL, that's why we've ended up with 10 cats

I like cycling a lot. Here's my newest bike at the Oceanside Harbor. It's a Retrospect El Diablo fixed gear. I ride almost every day. It takes a little getting used to a fixie but after riding one for a while now I would not go back to gears and a derailer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 69 of 149 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 ... LastLast