Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 83 of 149 FirstFirst ... 33 73 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 93 133 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

?

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Looking at the buck in general I would say he is just a youngster so won't have to look after any ladies just yet.
    The antler is bent forwards due to being damaged at the base. He is still in velevet and the antlers are pliable so he might get away with it for one year if just the antler is broken but if the pedicle, the part of the skull where the antler grows from is damaged then he will throw a deformed antler on that side for every year following. It may be the result of a road accident or maybe getting caught in a fence but I think the former is more likely.

Either way if he is allowed to continue, as his antlers get bigger and continue to grow over his eye or face, the potential for a spike or tine growing into him is high and therefore will cause him terrible pain and infection. This would be a perfect animal to cull to prevent the risk of future suffering.

I saw a photo of a roadkill whitetail a few years ago. It was seen wandering the highway (yes, it was in the U.S.) Before it got hit. When the carcass was removed it was emaciated and found to have part of the antler embedded in it's eye socket from a similarly abnormal growth, therefore rendering it blind in one eye and the resulting infection and maggot infestation had blinded the other eye. Not pretty and one can only imagine the suffering that poor animal had gone through. Always best practice to take animals such as this at the earliest opportunity.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Took this pic out the back this arvo gents, its been a bit cooler, around 32C today but a bit more humid than normal for Perth. This little bloke is a motorbike frog, called that because of the sound they make, this one is only young and therefore quite small, a bit bigger than your thumb nail. They grow to about the size of your fist and are very common in the south west of Western Australia, they are great little things, we have loads in our garden and they are more than welcome. Hope you like the pic,

Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images

46knuckle 1 copy.jpg100_0559.jpgHi Guys,
    Besides collecting german ww1 and ww2, I like to wrench on old Harleys and Unimogs, very different but very iconic both of them :-) I am also doing a lot of blackpowder shooting with pistols, where I have been competing for more than 20 years !

Venlig hilsen
    Marc

Here´s a little pic of my favorite ride, a ´46 Knucklehead, that I build myself. And my other ride, a ´64 Panhead "von Richthofen" ;-)

?

Quote by unimarc View Post
    100_0559.jpgHi Guys,
    Besides collecting german ww1 and ww2, I like to wrench on old Harleys and Unimogs, very different but very iconic both of them :-) I am also doing a lot of blackpowder shooting with pistols, where I have been competing for more than 20 years !

Venlig hilsen
    Marc

Here´s a little pic of my favorite ride, a ´46 Knucklehead, that I build myself. And my other ride, a ´64 Panhead "von Richthofen" ;-)
    Bikes and UniMogs rock.
    I prefer black crackle finish myself (a la Night Train), but realize, that Im in the minority on that one, LOL.
    Ive met very few people able to get a Unimog stuck (though I have seen it happen, lol).
    Do you know the Wrenchmonkees?

Yes I do, but they do all kinds of bikes, I am a little "fanatical" about Harley Davidson :-)

?

If it aint Nimbus, it aint squat!
    Wave the flag a little, will ya!

Nice bikes
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by unimarc View Post
    46knuckle 1 copy.jpg100_0559.jpgHi Guys,

Venlig hilsen
    Marc

Great bikes, i really prefer the old school chops and bobbers to the new stuff, all they seem to be interested in is fitting the widest and biggest diameter wheels. That purple chop is fantastic it looks like something Indian Larry would have built!..

?

Indian Larry certainly made an impression on the bike community.
    What a character.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Indian Larry certainly made an impression on the bike community.
    What a character.
    He sure was you could spot his bikes a mile away, they were bare bones minimalism just as a true chop should be!...

Page 83 of 149 FirstFirst ... 33 73 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 93 133 ... LastLast