Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 86 of 149 FirstFirst ... 36 76 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 96 136 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by Adrian View Post
    You can't beat a decent piece of walnut as a gunstock. Much more character than the crappy placcy stocks so beloved these days.
    Hi

My point exactly!

Cameron

Quote by Cameron Stockton View Post
    Hi

Here's another hobby of mine. Its a .22 Hatsan Mod 60 air rifle which I use it when I go hunting as its power is just below the legal limit at 11fps (so it takes pigoens out like a magnum!). Where I live it is ideal as I live between a wood and farmland so there are lots of wood pigeons, rabbits etc. In the past Hatsan has taken a beating by some shooters but I cant fault it. Range and accuracy are excellent and it certainly looks great with chequered walnut wood work.

Thanks

Cameron
    Cameron, That air rifle of yours looks remarkably like a Wembley and Scott I used to own in the mid to late 80's !! I can’t remember what it was called now !! I used to hunt rabbits with it on the local estate, it had a lovely walnut stock, I used to really enjoy polishing it up !!

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Cameron, That air rifle of yours looks remarkably like a Wembley and Scott I used to own in the mid to late 80's !! I can’t remember what it was called now !! I used to hunt rabbits with it on the local estate, it had a lovely walnut stock, I used to really enjoy polishing it up !!
    Hi

Was it a Webley Stingray?

Cameron

Here you go Cameron

It was a Vulcan, this was just like mine, and I also used a scope. I used to hunt rabbits and " woodies “ on the local estate where I grew up. It was a lovely air rifle, wish I still had it !! I tuned it up a little also ! I polished the air chamber up to reduce friction and also used a square section spring, they were all the rage at the time, what memories ! haha I also used to use the Sabo ammo in it, they were outstanding !! I believe they are banned now !

Cheers

Hi

Was it a Webley Stingray?

Cameron

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Cameron, That air rifle of yours looks remarkably like a Wembley and Scott I used to own in the mid to late 80's !! I can’t remember what it was called now !!
    Was that the special footballers edition, that W & S made at some point?

KIDDING!!

Quote by Scout View Post
    Was that the special footballers edition, that W & S made at some point?

KIDDING!!
    lol, yeah just saw that now !!!! wondered what on earth you were on about then !!!!

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thanks Green!
    Yes, one is a red tail. The bird in the bottom photo is actually banded. I have one in my collection that also wears a band and has been recorded. Birds of prey are my favorite subject.
    Here are a few more that I took on my way home from work.
    Ralph.
    Ralph,

Fantastic pictures of the birds of prey, love the picture of the snowy owl !! I was a member of the RSPB when I was younger, Birds of Prey are my favourite also, saw my first ever Barn Owl in the wild before Christmas, never ever seen one at all in all my years, it was fantastic, a ghostly figure flapping about the dark !!

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Not to break up the cycle love fest... but I found my ancient Roman coin collection and decided to take a few quick photos. I collected these before I got heavy into WWII militaria.

I have a few hundred coins, but these are just some random ones that grabbed.
    Attachment 461399
    Here are two of my favorites:

A silver dinari made in the Rome mint in about 150AD... has the emperor Marcus Aurelius on the obverse.
    Attachment 461400

This one is from the ancient Greek colony Kroton that became the capital of the province of Italy where my home town is.Attachment 461401
    Nice coins Joe !! Remind me of the coin collection in the Museum up the road herein Chester, they were all found here I believe

Hi

Here's another hobby of mine. Its a .22 Hatsan Mod 60 air rifle which I use it when I go hunting as its power is just below the legal limit at 11fps (so it takes pigoens out like a magnum!). Where I live it is ideal as I live between a wood and farmland so there are lots of wood pigeons, rabbits etc. In the past Hatsan has taken a beating by some shooters but I cant fault it. Range and accuracy are excellent and it certainly looks great with chequered walnut wood work.

Thanks

Cameron
    Back in the late 70s i had a BSA airsporter, it was scoped and had an "upgraded" spring and would go straight through a rabbits skull at 50 yards. One day i took aim at a "rabbit" under a gorse bush fired and heard a scream of pain, a bloke with grey hair stood up holding his hand aver his ear, he had been setting snares under the bush and i gave him a free ear piercing, good job i was a lousy shot!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Back in the late 70s i had a BSA airsporter, it was scoped and had an "upgraded" spring and would go straight through a rabbits skull at 50 yards. One day i took aim at a "rabbit" under a gorse bush fired and heard a scream of pain, a bloke with grey hair stood up holding his hand aver his ear, he had been setting snares under the bush and i gave him a free ear piercing, good job i was a lousy shot!...
    lol, oh dear Gunny !!! Poor old bugger ! I used to go snaring, ferreting as well ! They all used to call me " Compo " at school, you remember the guy out of Last of the summer wine?? Was really into my Field Sports in those days, I used to help out the local gamekeepers for a while, loved it !

The Airsporter was a nice rifle, under cocking wasn't it ?? I wanted a Weihrauch rifle at the time but were too expensive for me, I remember drooling over them in the local gunshop in Chester, lol

Page 86 of 149 FirstFirst ... 36 76 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 96 136 ... LastLast