Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 89 of 149 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

?

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Haha, they are clearly SS attack rabbits.

A little known last ditch attack weapon (BTW they failed because a mad scientist misunderstood the 'last ditch' bit and put them in a dug out ditch below the Seelow Heights the day before soldiers clashed there.
    Soviet troops discovered them, BBQ them with flame throwers and ate them).

Clearly, Monty Python discovered some info about these obscure SS attack rabbits and latched onto the idea.

Sorry guys, I clearly have low blood sugar ;-)

Quote by Scout View Post

A little known last ditch attack weapon (BTW they failed because a mad scientist misunderstood the 'last ditch' bit and put them in a dug out ditch below the Seelow Heights the day before soldiers clashed there.

Clearly, Monty Python discovered some info about these obscure SS attack rabbits and latched onto the idea.

Sorry guys, I clearly have low blood sugar ;-)
    Have you seen the new film that's coming out? "Attack of the nazi zombie were rabbits".

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Have you seen the new film that's coming out? "Attack of the nazi zombie were rabbits".
    LOL, no havent seen it, but I hear good things about it

Its supposed to be just as 'good' as the movie DEAD SNOW

Quote by Scout View Post
    LOL, no havent seen it, but I hear good things about it

Its supposed to be just as 'good' as the movie DEAD SNOW
    Dead snow was good if you took it for what it is, tongue in cheek nonsense!..

?

Quote by Scout View Post

As a interesting sidenote, it should be added, that no Germans actively sought nor applied for transfer to the SS killer rabbit regiment.
    Not because it wasnt efficient on paper - after all it was founded on sound principles and well researched like most German secret weapons (i.e. Landkreuzer Ratte, Maus Panzer & the Minen Roller etc etc).

It was just that no Germans wanted to hit the Münich October beer fest in a uniform showing that one was affiliated to that particular regiment.
    They belived (with good reason), that it would be counterproductive to wear the uniform and complicated to pick up fräuleins with an ärmelstreifen, that read "SS REG HASE."

In the end it was mostly Volksdeutche hobby rabbit keepers and foreign volounteer farm hands from the occupied territories, that joined the regiment.

They didnt seem to think it harebrained at all

Again, I'm soooo sorry.
    I'll cease and desist now.

What are you drinking !! haha

I like it !

Quote by Scout View Post
    As a interesting sidenote, it should be added, that no Germans actively sought nor applied for transfer to the SS killer rabbit regiment.
    Not because it wasnt efficient on paper - after all it was founded on sound principles and well researched like most German secret weapons (i.e. Landkreuzer Ratte, Maus Panzer & the Minen Roller etc etc).

It was just that no Germans wanted to hit the Münich October beer fest in a uniform showing that one was affiliated to that particular regiment.
    They belived (with good reason), that it would be counterproductive to wear the uniform and complicated to pick up fräuleins with an ärmelstreifen, that read "SS REG HASE."

In the end it was mostly Volksdeutche hobby rabbit keepers and foreign volounteer farm hands from the occupied territories, that joined the regiment.

They didnt seem to think it harebrained at all

Again, I'm soooo sorry.
    I'll cease and desist now.

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    What are you drinking !! haha
    In my defence, I did say sorry

Since I did the research into the rarely mentioned regiment, I just thought, I'd run with it

Quote by Scout View Post
    In my defence, I did say sorry

Since I did the research into the rarely mentioned regiment, I just thought, I'd run with it
    Just hop along will you!...

hahaha

?

The regimental standard of 'SS Regiment HASE.'

Three strikes and Im out. This IS the last one - promise

Page 89 of 149 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 ... LastLast