Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 92 of 149 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 142 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

?

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Anybody else collect caps? Here`s a few I picked up over the years.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Yup, I do too, not much of anything, but I have about a closet full. I had an uncle who used to collect seed caps. He said that some of them were actually worth money, and he'd never wear those.

?

I enjoy collecting and restoring straight razors (and shaving with them). Best piece I have is a 195 year old Wade & Butcher.

IMG_4721.jpgIMG_4722.jpgIMG_4723.jpg

?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Anybody else collect caps? Here`s a few I picked up over the years.

Nice selection of ball cap's Pete I collect caps and hats as well give me a day or so and I will drag them out and take a couple of photos my favorites are the old oil skin ball caps.

Regards Mark K

Very nearly finished another sketch, but it is too late to carry on tonight. Derived from a drawing by Wolfgang Willrich, there are some great Germanic artworks by him.

The original and my effort.

78-1.jpgDSCN1341.jpg

That's better than I could do Andy.

Still riding my fixed gear bike almost every day. I'm not a spandex warrior though. I'm one of those "scenesters" that wear skinny jeans, doc marten's, and plaid shirts when I ride. Here's the results from one of my Sunday rides. I typically do this ride three times a weekend combined with shorter rides after work during the week. Also another shot of my fixed gear bike. Single speeds are a workout where I live, it's a pretty hilly area. I've pretty much limited my meat intake to about once or twice a week. We have a weight watchers program at work now and I am dominating the group. 17.4 lbs lost in 4 weeks, almost 100 lbs since March of last year.

00ded8546e1f11e2af8422000a9e28e9_7.jpg
    e32811f66d7c11e29dbc22000a1f9e59_7.jpg
    80bed81891c811e2968922000a9f38c5_7.jpg

Frank, that's awesome. Well done!

I am also down 20 pounds, although it's taken a year. And I'm also diversifying my regular indoor gym regimen with bike rides. Here’s my new ride, purchased three weeks ago. Spring is in the air here and I am looking forward to plenty of bike riding with my wife and kids in the weeks and months ahead.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Here is a Vintage 1940s pennsylavania Railroad lantern My grandfather gave to me when I was a young boy,,it is in great well kept condition,,which includes a Bio-Link below of this type of Lantern. By request of rogge66,,here are a few photos of the lantern.

Rumble of the Rails: Pennsylvania Railroad Lantern Collection
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for posting your lantern, Larry. It sure is a beauty and in really nice shape. These old railroad lanterns are really neat. Did your grandfather work for PRR?

Luke

Page 92 of 149 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 102 142 ... LastLast