Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 93 of 149 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

My grandfather seem to accumulate stuff over the years,,but worked as a typesetter in a printing firm,,which out of 7 grandchildren I was the only one who followed in his footsteps,,to this day. He drew lines also on Columner books for book keeping. I cant remember the story if he told me one about the lantern but I admired very much when I was young when I would visit his home. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

my latest wood carvings. the pink cherry blossom rifle is for my grand daughter. i like how the Celtic Knot rifle turned out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sweet
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Bluegrass every other week

As I have posted previously, I do like to go walking in the countryside with the wife. Some pics from a recent walk along part of the Pembrokeshire coast path. Amazingly they were taken on the recent bank holiday Monday.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Another hobby I enjoy is dry curing and smoking my own bacon, chicken, beef and game. Here's 16lb of back bacon in the smoker right now being done with applewood and a touch of hickory to give it a nice, mellow flavour, I sweet cured it for 9 days first.

I also make sausage, salami and have done Serrano/Parma style hams from boned out legs of pork that generally take around 6-8 months to cure and dry, but haven't done any since last summer, I hope to pick it up again when the autumn arrives.

I'm currently making a cold smoke chamber to fit between the smoke generator and cabinet so that I can try my hand at doing cheese and smoked salmon, as I have a friend who catches quite a few on the Wye in Hereford and often goes up to Scotland on river beats as well.

Schmokin', Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Two questions, Ned!
    Do you sell it?
    Do you make biltong as well!?
    (Im hungry and blame you!)

Sometimes everyday work is as fun as a hobby...

?

Great pic!
    Some walk the dog - you walk the Colt!

PS
    Im a hat freak - more pics, info and details, please!!

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Another hobby I enjoy is dry curing and smoking my own bacon, chicken, beef and game. Here's 16lb of back bacon in the smoker right now being done with applewood and a touch of hickory to give it a nice, mellow flavour, I sweet cured it for 9 days first.

I also make sausage, salami and have done Serrano/Parma style hams from boned out legs of pork that generally take around 6-8 months to cure and dry, but haven't done any since last summer, I hope to pick it up again when the autumn arrives.

I'm currently making a cold smoke chamber to fit between the smoke generator and cabinet so that I can try my hand at doing cheese and smoked salmon, as I have a friend who catches quite a few on the Wye in Hereford and often goes up to Scotland on river beats as well.

Schmokin', Ned.
    Blimey Ned! I didn't realise you were into it on an industrial scale! What smoker is that? My ProQ is suddenly feeling quite inadequate......

I will have to arrange some swopsies of venison with you........... (I need a drooling smiley here)

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 93 of 149 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 ... LastLast