Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 94 of 149 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 144 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by lazer4856 View Post
    Sometimes everyday work is as fun as a hobby...
    I agree, i love my job and have so much fun! Although, your job looks more fun!

Cowboy hat pics? varieties of hats? haha theres all sorts of hat styles around here.

?

Cowboy hats are fine - but specifically YOUR hats;-)

During Calving season with dad, thats an oldie that one. haha spent a few hours in the sun with it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Palm leaf hat to let the air flow threw for hot summer days.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Two questions, Ned!
    Do you sell it?
    Do you make biltong as well!?
    (Im hungry and blame you!)
    Hi Scout,

I don't sell it, I think that would be illegal actually over here, but a couple of mates do pay me the cost of the meat, or even supply it if it's venison or game birds, and the curing salts and other bits and dabs like mutton cloth to wrap it in I do for nothing as they're friends afterall.

I have made biltong and jerky before now, it's easy to do and tasty, but usually wait until i've got a a decent amount of stuff to go at, as it loses around 65-70% of it's weight in the drying process and works out pretty expensive unless I get given a deer for gratis. I picked up the bug when I worked in the States for a while a few years back.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

During Calving season with dad, thats an oldie that one. haha spent a few hours in the sun with it
    I've never seen so much Carhartt and Wrangler in one photo before!

Unless you count the one of Ned.

By himself.......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Another Palm leaf... now it is ok to laugh and point fingers at this pic, I caught a pic of myself on my hunting trail cam last fall haha. It is humorous.

?

Another Palm leaf... now it is ok to laugh and point fingers at this pic, I caught a pic of myself on my hunting trail cam last fall haha. It is humorous.
    Aaaah! Trail cams! the downfall of many a hunter taking a dump or courting couples who think they're alone in the woods........

Their private moments can be broadcast all over the world wide web even before they finish the job!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Blimey Ned! I didn't realise you were into it on an industrial scale! What smoker is that? My ProQ is suddenly feeling quite inadequate......

I will have to arrange some swopsies of venison with you........... (I need a drooling smiley here)
    Ha Ha!! It's a Bradley digital smoker I picked up for a steal off ebay last year, only been used once by the guy and his wife said it had to go! I used to have a dedicated hot smoking cabinet I made out of an old metal cupboard and an LPG gas ring, but that went in the skip when I last moved. I picked up the smoking lark whilst I was working in Montana and Wyoming on a couple of ranches, first in Carbon County MT, and then near Frannie, WYO.

Those photo's of Lazer roping the calves reminds me when we used to do it, inject in the neck then castrate and brand whilst holding the little fella's on the ground just like in his pic, (hint: when holding the back legs of the calf, always put your boot over the the corn hole when the other guy brands it or you'll likely get covered in projectile....well, I think you get the picture....)

I'll be getting a vac pac machine soon with a bit of luck, so i'll post you a bit of the 'Special Stuff' down the West country if you like.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 94 of 149 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 144 ... LastLast