Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 95 of 149 FirstFirst ... 45 85 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 105 145 ... LastLast

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

?

Default Re: Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Quote by lazer4856 View Post
    During Calving season with dad, thats an oldie that one. haha spent a few hours in the sun with it
    Great pic.
    Which hat brand(s) do you favour?
    There are so many out there - Resistol and the usual suspects (Stetson (which dont really fit me) and many more).
    Almost too many to mention, but I like the Shorty's Cutter, many from The Last Best West, straw from O'Farrel, Rand hats, Hally's, Baron Hats, JW Brooks, Tom Hirt, Dave Brown, Charlie 1 Horse, Raffia straw hats (and sadly many more, LOL. Did I mention, that I like hats? ;-))

Hey Scout, for the most part I really have been enjoying American Hat Co. I have a couple good straw and felts from American Hat co. others I have had and use are Serratelli, Sun Body Hats, Bailey, Resistol, Cowboys Choice, Stetson, American West, and I use my neighbors brother who is a professional hat maker/fitter Vern Elliott.

Scout heres my new work hat, Charcoal felt Serratelli with chocolate hat band and brim band. Loading cows to haul to different pasture. Again sometimes work is a great hobby...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by lazer4856 View Post
    Sometimes everyday work is as fun as a hobby...
    More power to you

Ranching is a dying profession.
    I spent many years as a kid on ranches. Stepdad was a
    hired hand for several big ranches. Long hours and hardwork.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks chopperman. It can be hard work and long hours at times, but is also very rewarding and gives you a great adventurous lifestyle. Haha doesn't pay all that great at the moment but it's alot of fun carrying on a family legacy and tradition.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    More power to you

Ranching is a dying profession.
    I spent many years as a kid on ranches. Stepdad was a
    hired hand for several big ranches. Long hours and hardwork.
    Crops and ranches, not much else to do in Saskatchewan Greg.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Great hat pics and info. Must be great to actually have a friend who makes hats. Were it me, I'd pester him with commisions all the time, LOL.

Haha pretty much Ralph. Big farms and ranches... And some oilfield, I don't think oilfield allows for the work to be a hobby

Ya Vern is a pretty busy and renowned hat maker. I'm a small fly in his list of clients.

I like to refurbish or restore old rusted pieces of whatever strikes me.

This is a hitching post that we found beside the barn when we bought our house. It had worn off paint and had been dumped beside the barn. Someone tried to saw it in half but opted to pull it out of the ground as the concrete anchor was still attached. I stripped it, sanded it and repainted it then dropped it in the flower bed along the house.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

This is a John Deere pedal tractor my mom bought at a yard sale. It was rusted with a lot of paint gone and broken pieces. There is a company on the eastern shore of Maryland that sells parts for most pedal tractors.

image.jpg

Here is another pedal tractor my mom got me. The company I mentioned above does not have parts for this type of tractor so I'm on the hunt.

image.jpg

Currently I am working on these two old milk cans. One (the green can) is going to be a new trash can for our bathroom, which is outhouse themed. The other will be a decorative piece in the kitchen. Hoping to finish these in the next few days.

image.jpg

We also have a two seat outhouse behind the barn that I need to pull out, paint and probably put a new roof on, then that's going to be displayed in the yard. Don't have any photos of that yet.

Page 95 of 149 FirstFirst ... 45 85 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 105 145 ... LastLast