Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 103 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1482

Other hobbies besides collecting militaria?,

Article about: I like mushroom hunting, garden job, plastic models ( but have not time for that)

Thanks for your question, I disprove of exploitation of the wreck for profit, which in effect means I disagree with the salvage operations. If some items could have been brought up and preserved purely in memory of those who died, I would have had no objection, but the wreck has been plundered (and damaged) on a large scale by people who have no empathy with the disaster. It is a mass grave site and should of course be treated with great respect. Ballard (Robert Ballard is the discoverer of the wreck for those who dont know) is certainly very sad about how things have turned out.

?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Thanks for your question, I disprove of exploitation of the wreck for profit, which in effect means I disagree with the salvage operations. If some items could have been brought up and preserved purely in memory of those who died, I would have had no objection, but the wreck has been plundered (and damaged) on a large scale by people who have no empathy with the disaster. It is a mass grave site and should of course be treated with great respect. Ballard (Robert Ballard is the discoverer of the wreck for those who dont know) is certainly very sad about how things have turned out.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Thanks.

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    I collect Titanic related items. Shown here are a variety of Titanic commemorative items and items related to the sister ship, Olympic. They include floor tiles of the type used on Titanic (from Olympic) Olympic stationary, 1912 commemorative books, magazines sheet music and postcards. Also a gramophone record with songs about the disaster, and officers buttons of the type used on Titanic.
    I love all those old travelling memorabilia!
    I just added thise original cross section poster of a Red Star line ship to the collection, the SS Belgenland;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

I really like those cross section posters and always have! Great item.

Very nice item, thanks for showing it.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I love all those old travelling memorabilia!
    I just added thise original cross section poster of a Red Star line ship to the collection, the SS Belgenland;

Hey, some cool stuff's been posted on here recently Soz I've been offline for a while, but have had 'pooter troubles - self-inflicted ones, I'm afraid... But hey, everyone should be allowed a "blonde moment"...

Anyways, have to admit to being a big fan of Group B rallying and Henri Toivonen. Yup, us girls like cars too... Have recently finished these two pieces. The first is a 12 x 16 portrait of Henri worked in coloured pencils on black Daler Murano paper. The second is a 20 x 16 painting in acrylics on board of Henri and co-driver Sergio Cresto in their Lancia Delta S4 on the '86 Costa Smeralda.

IMG_3253_vsmall.jpg

NR1F5367_vsmall.jpg

Am currently working on a large scale oil pastel of the Mouton / Pons Audi Quattro S2 from the '85 Lombard RAC.

Nice work - The portrait is beautiful.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I shared earlier my interest in collecting straight razor, and just wanted to share probably my best find to date. Which funny enough came from a militaria show.

IMG_7888.jpgIMG_7889.jpg

Plus, I'm starting to get into film making

IMG_7890.jpg

Hey Douglas,

I`m guessing you`ve been to Belfast to the Titanic visitor centre?

Actually no. I did a Titanic visit to Belfast about ten years ago but have not yet seen the new centre. I'm sure I will get there is the next few years.

Page 103 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 ... LastLast