MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

To our members in France

Article about: I am hearing on the news about an attach has taken place in Paris. With over a 100 dead. Killed in a concert hall and in a cafe in Paris. I hope you all are well and safe tonight. You are in

Chill gents. Discussion about open or concealed carry of firearms is a very slippery slope on this forum.

Unfortunately here in the UK we have, in the past had sustained terrorist attacks. As have France, Spain & Germany. Along with all the troubles the break up of the Soviet Union caused including the Balkans. So a fair percentage of Europe has suffered. Thankfully for the US you haven't had to endure this. Please don't think I'm being rude, but it may not be quite the same over the pond. The attacks you have suffered are no less deplorable than what has happened here. But it seems to always be with us here in Europe. Stewy

?

Deleted! I don't want this thread to be closed. I think the subject that I started this thread about is more important than my reply!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Deleted! I don't want this thread to be closed. I think the subject that I started this thread about is more important than my reply!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I agree Phil, it's meant to be thinking of the poor souls caught in the heinous acts in Paris. Stewy

?

You're right Phil. I pm'ed you 1 hour ago to shake hands. Not answering says a lot offcourse...

I'm late to the party (glued to computer news stories) and sad to see us fighting here after a few pages of heartfelt well wishes. Remember the old adage "Divide and conquer", and yes... it works everytime!

This is an extremely difficult time for many people, people who love peace and freedom, for the people who live there the most, people who know people there, we are all very upset. This is a horrible thing that's happened.

There are dire situations in this world without any easy answers or remedies. I wish I had the answer but I don't.

My wife always says "Why are you always studying war, why don't you study peace?"

Can you study peace? Do historians write much about peace?

Is peace our general disposition throughout history?

Peace is just that downtime between wars?

It's unfortunate to have to say this, but throughout history, as well as now... the voice of peace is a weak one.

And of course, there are profits to be made in war. That is the ugly truth. I believe armaments are [US] our biggest export, and also an insane expenditure. We spend more on military expenses than the rest of the world combined? As someone before me said "War is business, and business is good!".

This situation with Syria is intolerable, and I deeply feel for all of the people (1 million in Lebanon alone, this is crazy!) who have to take the refugees as the country descends even further into total chaos and civil war.

Read about it here, it's very eye opening. It's at its core a sectarian war. I'm SICK UP TO HERE with people who kill other people in the name of religion. Since Russia's September 2015 decision to join in with bombing missions on the Bashar Al Assad side, it is also considered a "proto world war", as mentioned below a "proxy war" between super powers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Civil_War

A United Nations report in late 2012 described the conflict as being "overtly sectarian in nature", between mostly Alawite government forces, militias and other Shia groups[87] fighting largely against Sunni-dominated rebel groups,[88][89] although both opposition and government forces have denied it.[90][91] Due to foreign involvement, this conflict has been called a proxy war.[92] As of January 2015, the death toll had risen above 220,000 [93] with estimates in April 2015 as high as 310,000. with the majority of casualties being Syrian soldiers and popular resistance, followed by Islamist fighters two groups together making up to 90 percent of all casualties.[94] International organizations have accused the Syrian government, ISIL and other opposition forces of severe human rights violations, with many massacres occurring.[95][96][97][98][99] Chemical weapons have been used many times during the conflict as well.[100][101]

To all the murderous religious nut jobs in the world who think this is how you get to heaven, I wish we could put you all in one place and help you get there sooner than later. Just think, heaven is waiting for you... Go already!

?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    You're right Phil. I pm'ed you 1 hour ago to shake hands. Not answering says a lot offcourse...
    Kris,
    Please don't take my lack of reply that way. I was at work and unable to get on my PC and now that I am home. I gratefully accept your handshake and also extend mine in a sign of friendship. Tempers will flare during such times as these and we should make sure that our anger is directed to those who have perpetrated this horrible act. Yes at times we will disagree but never should that affect our camaraderie that we share here.
    We Good?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    I dont think that most of the americans understands what is going on in Europe.
    I do not think your point is valid. The media has been pointing out the problems for a long period of time. The 9/11 attacks provided a factual truth that proved we are not immune from these religious zealots. This is an international problem that will take a long time to control.
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 11-16-2015 at 06:17 PM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I do not think yur point is valid. The media has been pointing out the problems for a long period of time. The 9/11 attacks provided a factual truth that proved we are not immune from these religious zealots. This is an international problem that will take a long time to control.
    I can agree with you, you may know that we have problems but in my opinion, it is hard for you to understand how big the problem is.

For example: The headquarter for statistics in Sweden believs that the muslims are in majority in Sweden by 2035. That is a huge change and strain for the Swedish people. This experiment can only go wrong.

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    I can agree with you, you may know that we have problems but in my opinion, it is hard for you to understand how big the problem is.

For example: The headquarter for statistics in Sweden believs that the muslims are in majority in Sweden by 2035. That is a huge change and strain for the Swedish people. This experiment can only go wrong.
    The only place i found any remote reference to the suggestion of Muslim majority in Sweden was on far right websites..if you could supply your source, that would help..other than that this is a more balanced view https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Sweden
    I also think the distinction needs to be made after that point that Muslims as a whole are not terrorists, its like saying the Klu Klux Klan define christians..the vast majority of any religious belief are just normal people trying to live a normal life...The more people link these murderers to a religion, the more they win, instead of being scared by 30,000 isis members (who in time will evaporate) you will be scared by a couple of billion muslims...as i have said, im not religious so i have no agenda to push

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast