Overpricing?

Article about: Another example of overpricing, a canteen for 50 euros

Default Re: Overpricing?

Another example of overpricing, a canteen for 50 euros

More, a portuguese war cross for 80euros

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    apparently gasmasks sell well on ebay due to the kinky gimpy fetishers, and no its not my cup of tea,, John brandon was telling me how much he pays for them cheers Dave
    With some of the stuff I've seen sold alongside gas masks on ebay this honestly doesnt suprise me whatever turns you on i guess? And just for the record I am certainly not into that kind of thing, I just liked collecting gas protection equipment

back to the overpriced militaria!

Thanks

Danny

Yes . A really good condition respirator might make £40 in UK .
    This one looks like a relic -with no provenance .

more overpriced items, this is on sale for 55euros
    Attached Images Attached Images

swiss helmet for 65euros
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think the best advice that can be given is to avoid this website all together: Welcome to Army Gas Masks and Filters: ARMY Issue Gas Masks from around the World - NBC Filters - NBC Suits - Respirators - Military Surplus GasMask - I stumbled upon it a while ago, but now its worth mentioning. The price of the vast majority of the items for sale is well above what they are actually worth, not to mention that all of the photographs are from other websites, some even from past ebay auctions Theres something not right about it, I think that whoever is running the website is selling masks that are not actually in his possession, but he knows where to get them for a fraction of whats he's asking for the. So when someone buys from his website, he'll buy from somewhere else and have the mask shipped to him, then shipped out to the buyer....if he ships the mask out at all

Thanks

Danny

?

Yes I have too say that the Internet has a lot to answer for, there are "How much is it worth" sites everywhere which rely on Ebay and other such action sites for there price guides, as with most things the price is only what someone will actually pay for it, which boils down to how collectible the item is, its rarity, its availability and probably most import of all its popularity at that time, just because someone puts a crazy price on an item it does not mean its worth it. All antiques go through phases, were there is a price rise and then fall, films and T. V. shows also play there part.
    As to buying from Ebay I would say this, ask someone who knows the current market value of the item your looking to buy, also if possible buy the item from the country of original origin, as there will always be more of that item in its home country than abroad, and thus by the law of collecting will be more readily available and cheaper, I buy a lot of U.S. web gear items for work, including some pretty rare bits and pieces, and all have been purchased from the States, unfortunately this does sometimes mean staying up to four in the morning to get the much want item to pattern, however in some cases its the only way to get what your looking for, without paying the earth for it.

Nige.

P.S. I always checkout both Eaby.co.uk and Ebay.com as not all worldwide listings will show up on ether site, this is due to some stupid marketing software which restricts the number of overseas items that are visible, again due to Ebay's policy of giving Top rated sellers and Power sellers the priority in overseas markets through there high viability over any over listings.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

I was on ebay the other day I found 3 auctions with the same pictures of the same thing one was asking 80$ the other asking 50$ and the other asking a 100$ all that for a relic mauser buttplate

Rescently saw some 1914 2nd class Iron crosses listed on another forum for over $200 each.

Granted--they were some of the ore rare variations but still
    they are ww1 Ek2s that would have sold 10 years ago for
    for less than $35 each.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast