MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Parade in Germany wearing SS uniforms!!!!

Article about: Interesting story from Germany about a local history parade that included some people wearing SS and Wehrmacht uniforms to represent the end of WW2. Seems to have caused a fair bit of troubl

Default Re: Parade in Germany wearing SS uniforms!!!!

Lest we forget!

Mark

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Grant, due to the teaching of history within Germany and the general fear of all things connected to the war and the Third Reich, everything gets lumped together as being "Nazi". I honestly think people outside of Germany take a more balanced view and anyone with an education can see and make the distintion. I have visted Germany and Austria several times. People are sometimes very careful and guarded about what they say about the war and family members who served. Once a bit of trust develops people will open up though. There is a huge sence of guilt felt even today by those who were not even alive at the time.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade is quite correct post war the Allies carried out a definate policy of de Nazification of the German population and this has continued over the years. I have met or interviewed many German veterans who have said that their former enemies are far more interested in their wartime careers and history than their own countrymen.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Is that even legal in Germany?

?

I sold a Japan meatball flag on Ebay... do they know about Batan death march & prison camps?

Reg
    ?

The swastika itself is just a re-worked (I think its mirrored) ancient good luck symbol, I was in India a few years back and every other truck on the road had one painted onto it....they need all the luck they can get on the road over there!

I can understand it has many bad memorys for Germany, but I dont think they should get quite so offended by its appearance on historical artifacts...newer ones not used for historical interpretation are a different ball-game though. Time is a great healer....but we must not forget all the same!

Reg

A great show....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2