Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Pawel Nowak.

Article about: Just noticed this thief [ hornblower1994@aol.co.uk ] also said to be [ sturmgewehr44@windowslive.com ] is a member on 'Wehrmacht awards forum'. Not a member, so could someone who is put a po

Default Re: PAWEL NOWAK arsehole

I starting to get the impression that folks don't care much for this PAWEL NOWAK guy ........... just a general observation on my part

?

I'm sure there are PLENTY OF OTHERS as well as NOWAK........................ just that nobody speaks up and gives details so that others may avoid their fraudulant arses.

SF.

?

How did you get stung for £300?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Pawel nowak.

What is his username in WAF?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE THAT WE HAVE BEEN STUNG A TIME OR TWO BEFORE IN THE PAST BUT IF WE ALL HELP EACH OTHER. AND USE THE FORUM TO KEEP EACH OTHER INFORMED .WE CAN KEEP ON HIM AND THE MANY OTHERS OUT THERE REPERSENTING THEM SELVES AS CREDIABLE DEALERS .I BELIEVE I HEARD ADRIAN SAY THIS ONCE BEFORE AND I WILL REPEAT IT AGAIN (IF IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS).

Regards Mark K

By way of heads up, I was first made aware of this individual around 10 years ago or so. He has proliferated most militaria collecting communities including British RAF collectors. The further and wider that his tales of his deceit can be spread, the better.

Thankfully I managed to avoid his "offers" having been collecting long enough to spot the hook but many have not been so lucky.

Would be worth posting a "Sticky" in each sub-forum here or at least in "announcements"?

?

My £300 mistake ?
    I am fresh to actually collecting.........been interested since a child.
    Saw ads on ' i-offer ' site, but could'nt remember long lost access details. There was however a contact email, so i contacted him direct asking if he had any relic helmets.
    He kindly sent me pictures of 3no which he said were part of an old friends collection. Old friend had recently died and left them to him. He confirmed they were all 'genuine' and not frauds.We emailed, he said he could do some Tiger 1 research for me this summer when he visits his sister in Germany. His real interest is ancient maritime...........hense hornblower [ presumably] should be ' arsehole1994 '.
    He sent me bank details................i paid. He said he would post helmet following day. I waited.........................waited............. ..............................waited.
    Got fed up waiting. constant emails to him..............after some weeks he replied. Been ill in hospital.
    To cut it short.............. many emails to him, many replies stating ' be with you next week ', been ill, be with you next week. Asked for courier tracking, got it...........nothing on it.
    Then i realised he had 40no ads for various militaria on 'war and peace' forum. Contacted Rex and he was very helpful and a gentleman to-boot.
    He took me at my word, made inquiries with the knob,threatened to remove his ads and eventually got a reply from him to say he is over in Liverpool in 3weeks and will meet up with me to provide my purchase. Ahhhh.............how nice.
    As i said to Rex, he's doing to you what he's been doing to me. Stalling for more time.
    Rex recently removed all his ads..............niether of us has heard from him since. But if you do meet up with him.................poke his eyes out for me.

This is the cautionary tale of a gullible idiot. Me.

Be warned.

SF.

?

Here's a thought.

I am certain Mr Nowak watches this forum and others like Wehrmacht Awards . I challenge him to enter into discussion on this forum and discuss his 'business activities' with those of us who have had dealings with him, or those who simply would like to know about his activities.

Mr Nowak.............. take centre stage. I am waiting.

SF.

Quote by nomis View Post
    This is the cautionary tale of a gullible idiot. Me.

Be warned.

SF.
    Cautionary tale? Yes.
    Gullible idiot? Definitely not.

Many experienced people have been taken in by this guy as he is VERY convincing. He knows enough to spin a very clever web - good items, not too cheap and not too expensive or excessively rare and approaches you generally via a perceived "safe" and friendly colelcting environment such as this forum or others like it.

Do not beat yourself up over it although I understand your pain. Most if not all collectors at some time or another have been taken in by a seller. Mine was to the tune of over £800 via a well-known and acclaimed authority and author on the subject matter I was purchasing. Who better to be a poacher than the gamekeeper?

This highlights the value of these forums. One does not need to disclose source details in order to get sound advice for little to no expense other than an occassional thank you.

?

Absolutely, but people speaking out against these fraudsters would help prevent others keep on falling into thier webs.

SF.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast