Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

pawn stars

Article about: hi , went on to you tube after reading this thread early tonight , watched 2 episodes of american pickers . interesting , its amazing what people treasure . we are probably just as crazy col

?

Default Re: pawn stars

Dave, whose 'bidding noise' is a loud "YEEEEEEEAAAAP!" is on storage war

?

HaHa, Yeah the idiot says He's not intimidated by anybody, but when he faces up to young Jarrod , he soon backs down, and Jarrods wife shouting " kick his butt ", the funniest guy is Barry, he's hilarious, bids on a locker and finds out theres nothing in there worth money, but throws out bundles of gear and smashes it and Jarrod tells him its worth 20-30 bucks every time he smashes something, at least auction kings is earning money for someone and they're not ripping people off, but they let some really nice gear go cheaply

?

I watch it when I am at my uncles who has SKY. Storage wars and Pawn Stars are my favorites. Just because when the expert comes in on Pawn stars he brings a giant magnifying glass to look at the items. Very silly.

Dont get me started on Storage wars. I spilt my Tea laughing.

Never seen american pickers though, I must do.

Cheers, Pat

EDIT* You can play Storage wars on Facebook

I wish the pawn shops around here had anything cool in it besides stolen goods and tools.

?

I am lucky one of are local pawn shops is a supplier for paint ball so they will sell members camouflage and or military on consignment I have managed to pick up a few nice pieces from them.
    As to pawn stars and American pickers good shows lots of interesting items Rick will not have anything to do with TR items though has turned everyone away that has brought in anything with a swas on it.
    A couple of other good shows are American Restorations with Rick Dale and Canadian Pickers.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    A couple of other good shows are American Restorations with Rick Dale and Canadian Pickers.
    American Restoration I would agree with, I like that show and I also enjoy Pawn Stars and American Pickers.

Canadian Pickers has to be the most embarrassing thing on TV. I only hope to God that it isn't broadcast outside Canada.

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    American Restoration I would agree with, I like that show and I also enjoy Pawn Stars and American Pickers.

Canadian Pickers has to be the most embarrassing thing on TV. I only hope to God that it isn't broadcast outside Canada.

Rob
    Why's that?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Why's that?
    Well, first of all it they aren't 'pickers', they're just antique dealers, or should I say, a lawyer and an auctioneer pretending to be antique dealers. What makes it worse is that they are from Calgary.

Secondly, they come over as a pair of backwoods bumpkins, which I'm assuming is an act, but maybe not.

Thirdly, they dress like morons. Now I live in Calgary, where it isn't unusual at all to see people wearing cowboy hats (during the Stampede everyone wears them) and other western clothing, but the one guy (Scott the lawyer) looks like he's dressed up for Hallowe'en.

They can't haggle, do deals or even act convincingly.

It's just fake, pathetic, contrived and irritating. My wife (who is Canadian) rates it alongside "Due South" as another of those embarrasing shows that "make Canadians look like a bunch of hicks".

I'm not even Canadian, and it embarasses me.

Rob

Hardcore pawn is an another one.
    Canadian pickers is ok :-)

?

the pickers did find a luftwaffe leather flight helmet once
    Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    yea i actually agree that i like american pickers more, but i never see any militaria on american pickers. you would think that they would find something from time to time.

and after all, the pawn shop guys rely on their business to make a living. you cant really blame them for only giving people half an item's value. they have to be able to make their profit. i just like the stuff that people bring in. its kind of stupid though, why bring things to a pawn shop when you can easily sell them on ebay for twice as much?

american pickers in my dream job : )

and ade, i highly reccomend these two shows to you. i bet you would enjoy them. look them up on youtube or something.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast