Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pegasus Bridge - The Movie

Article about: I cant wait for this !! So we have this and Dunkirk to look forward to ! Nick

Default Pegasus Bridge - The Movie

I cant wait for this !! So we have this and Dunkirk to look forward to !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Ah... but will it be as good as the hype?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Ah... but will it be as good as the hype?
    Yes indeed

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I cant wait for this !! So we have this and Dunkirk to look forward to !

Nick
    I had not heard anything about the Dunkirk film ? I hope they do them justice, I really really do

Cheers

Fingers crossed guys

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I hope it will be a good movie. Is there a trailer?

Fingers crossed guys

Nick
    I visited Dunkirk last year for the 75th Anniversary and walked the 8 miles of beaches, was a very thought provoking experience !

I also visited Benouville and Pegasus Bridge on the 6th June 2014 during the 70th Anniversary

These films have to be made very well indeed in my opinion or they should not bother !!

Cheers

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    I visited Dunkirk last year for the 75th Anniversary and walked the 8 miles of beaches, was a very thought provoking experience !

I also visited Benouville and Pegasus Bridge on the 6th June 2014 during the 70th Anniversary

These films have to be made very well indeed in my opinion or they should not bother !!

Cheers
    I am going to Normandy for the first time in a few weeks and of course Pegasus Bridge is on then agenda!

Nick

I am going to Normandy for the first time in a few weeks and of course Pegasus Bridge is on then agenda!

Nick
    Good for you Nick, you will love it, Pegasus Bridge was my favourite location when I visited Normandy in 2014 for the 70th, it should be quieter when you are there, it was absolute bedlam when I was there, had a nice chat with Sophie Raworth in Arromanches I remember, kicked myself later that I didn't ask her for a selfie ! she's hot !! she had cycled across from Ouistreham

Cheers

Nick
    Nick,

While we are on the subject, try and get down to Ranville Cemetery, its not far from the bridge, Private Robert Johns is buried there, he was 14 when he lied about his age and joined up, at 16 he parachuted into Normandy on D-Day, he was killed a few months later aged 16 unfortunately, I didn't have time to go over there when I was there

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast