Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

People judgmental about your collection?

Article about: There will always be people who do not understand and will create problems or pester people over it. Morris

?

Default Re: People judgmental about your collection?

My collection is safe!! because I don't have any friends...lol.. & my wife she is happy providing I buy a badge she buys a frock...or something like that!!..I think you find it is the uneducated who make comments..We have all seen films!! which I might like to add are 99% wrong... But how many have dug a little deeper, by coming on here, reading books,watching DVDs etc..& you can collect TR badges without goose stepping up & down the road... I don't judge anybody on their hobbies..I think a hobby is better than no hobby...So I think I'm safe from abuse!!!! Cheers Terry.

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    Just imagine every member's room! plus other forum's members! plus persons from no forums, plus plus plus plus plus!!! The thing that i think the most and thrilles me is that you may pass outside an old house and inside may be a hidden treasure somewhere that you may never have the chance to find because the owner doesn't give a penny about it! We must to invent a WW2 militaria radar.... Moderators start gathering money for this project and equip all our members!!!
    Τhats the best.a ww2 radar.i see so many old houses, without any living inside and other old places and you never know what maybe is inside.

In our subject now, I tell only in some people what i collect.A few have seen the collection, or photos.(The dont tell negative words so far). But so in the past a friend gave me for free a old whermacht bottle and bayonet that Germans had left in his basement all that years after the occupation in Greece.If i never had tolld him i wouldnt have this items.So i have met and a greek collector.If i hide the fact i collect i would never met him.But dont tell to all people that i collect.

Quote by Tango View Post
    ....I think you find it is the uneducated who make comments..We have all seen films!! which I might like to add are 99% wrong... But how many have dug a little deeper, by coming on here, reading books,watching DVDs etc..... Cheers Terry.
    It's a sad fact that many people who are prepared to take the moral high ground on collecting the items we do actually have little or no idea whatsover of what they are, the history of the time in which they were from, or the people and events involved therein. The clip below shows how shallow people and the things that interest THEM really can be.....But it holds some amusement for me....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I do like Steve he does make me laugh sometimes!!! the Douglas Bader bit about his legs,not the planes...made me laugh...Cheers Mr Ned.. Terry.

CBH
    ?

I usually use the term Military Collector , because I'll take anything ! From any period ! I don't really display my items , but friends and family know I collect . It's a difficult call on who to show items too . I do remember years ago showing a elderly local man who was not only a Jewish Camp survivor , but had escaped from a train while being transfered from one camp to another ! A very interesting man , his wife was also a camp survivor . He didn't have a problem with my collection and commented on items he remembered seeing before . If he can look on a collection as a collection , without any undertones of nazism or the like . Other people should mind their own business , and their misguided political correctness . There is enough problems in this world with revisionist history , changing what really happened , to what a TV show , movie or government makes out as the truth . And some times holding a piece of history in your hand , can make it real .
    Cheers Chris

Jan
    ?

Apart from some ex girlfriends most peolple at least act interested . For me collecting is personal, I donĀ“t see much use in explaining why to others

Jan

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6