Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Please post your mishaps, don’t be shy.

Article about: Here they are... My big fat lies!!! Luckily most of them cost me very little! Still i'm not 100% sure about the LAH shoulderboards! The only expensive item i got was the plane shot award tha

Default Re: Please post your mishaps, don’t be shy.

That West Wall almost looks like it's made from Lead....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Rod. What is wrong with the TENO stick pins?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Burn me once shame on you,Burn me twice shame on me...I bought the "HONOR RING" not really knowing what it was, so for that reason i'm glad i didn't pay too much$65.00! Once i did some research i knew it was a fake(800 silver),But fake.Funny thing is some other person bought the same ring on ePAY for over$1,000.00 same name inside so mine MUST have been part of that scam somehow(epay pic of ring added)2nd. time i got sucked into the "ANTI PARTISAN" ring..(.I had an uncle(godfather)who had left me some military items included a few rimg's,flag,etc. he passed in 1968 was at BASTONE,etc.I wore one of those rings while playing"army" as a kid in the late 60's early 70's..I was a german because of the ring&flag...)But here are my "MISHAPS"Picture 2316.jpgPicture 2317.jpgPicture 2311.jpgPicture 2312.jpgPicture 2313.jpgPicture 2314.jpgPicture 2315.jpg

The west wall is made of zinc I would say, but the detail is poor and has cast marks.
    The Teno pins are very good copies Eric, but after much research I came to the conclusion they were fakes, the wrong pin attachments and low membership numbers were a dead give away.
    Brave you derwood I stay well clear of rings. Thanks for showing.

Regards
    Rod

I found your orig post on them Rod and I agree.
    Back is done all wrong for these.
    Not too bad on the front side.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hi Rod,thanks for posting the extra pics. It looks ok from the pics, but what I really need to see is a picture showing the threads used in its construction to see if they have a spiral twist or not.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

If you do not mind me asking..What made you realize you had a fake,Measurement's?,Metal?? It's nice looking! Thank you for your time...The SS LONG SERVICE MEDAL-4yr.Service medal

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Here is my first burning ! I was devastated !!

Nick
    I 1st. replied as well a reply..If you dont mind me asking what made you realize you had a fake,eyelet?Measurement's??,Metal???,It's nice looking!

Thanks Jerry these are the best I can do with this camera. The threads seem straight.
    I just burned one of the ends of the white threads sticking out of the wing and it appeared to be nylon as it melted and burned. Sorry if I did bad.
    Thanks
    Rod
    eagle 3 002.JPGeagle 3 003.JPG

badges 078.jpgbuckles 075.jpgbuckles 041.jpgbuckles 024.jpg
    I count my self pretty lucky that these are the only items i got "burnt" with, none of them cost much money!...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast