Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Please and thank you.

Article about: I have noticed lately that a lot of newer members will post an item and after receiving replies, never respond. It seems these chaps were never educated properly to be courteous asking pleas

OK, from now on a no please will get no info from me!

?

I am a new member and a senior war veteran and so far in 3 days of posting ! others have treated me as a common criminal because I did not agree with others opinions. I always treat people with kindness and respect but some of these members are acting like trailer park communities.

Sadly that is the trouble with WRF sometimes... If you disagree with someone it can be viewed as a personal insult to them. Nil carborundum and carry on!

Cheers,
    Steve

As you're a senior you'll notice that some on the internet - hiding behind a screen name - just lose all sense of manners (and I don't mean which fork to use for salad) and seem to enjoy being snarky or acting condescending. I frequent few forums - mostly Third Reich - and your observations are spot on.

The Antique Fan Collectors have a forum and they have manners, are helpful and welcoming of 'newbies'. They are really refreshing. If you need a rare part they will sometimes give it to you.

Don't be dissuaded from participating, it's just what it is. Like the 'kids' being bullied on Facebook or such. There are lots of good folks here. You just don't hear from them with negative comments because they DO have manners.

------and as a member of a few other forums myself, i've found that
    this is one of the better ones.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by ominus View Post
    I am a new member and a senior war veteran and so far in 3 days of posting ! others have treated me as a common criminal because I did not agree with others opinions. I always treat people with kindness and respect but some of these members are acting like trailer park communities.
    No one treated you like a criminal, just questioned your motives when you bad mouth that many dealers and defend one with a known history of scamming people.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

...and yet “we” CONTINUE to jump in and respond to blunt requests lacking any pleasantries or politeness......just to be the first.....

Facebook here we come........

'still happening.......

Quote by Composite View Post
    'still happening.......
    Yep, Lots!

It always will happen. There are two types of collectors who use this forum, those that genuinely seek help - and thank you for helping afterwards. Then there are the other types... the one's that are too bl**dy idle to carry out even the most basic bit of research themselves, and rely on forum members to do it for them. And after you have helped... not one word of thanks.

Oh... before I forget... there is another type too. They just come on here to find out what grandad has left them, and hint at wanting to know the value... although they will tell you that they have absolutely no intention of selling... Then after they find out what they want, they are gone... never to be seen again.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast