Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Please and thankyou

Article about: Why are these two words so hard to use for some people? If you want to ask a question, try using "please" and if you receive an answer, try writing "thankyou", its not th

Default Re: Please and thankyou

Im afraid Dave's thread just ain't making the impact it deserves....today alone there has been two threads with "is it real" and no please or thankyou.my blood is starting to boil......Jake.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Im afraid Dave's thread just ain't making the impact it deserves....today alone there has been two threads with "is it real" and no please or thankyou.my blood is starting to boil......Jake.
    Calm down dear, you'll have a stroke!....

Thanks Gunny i've taken the chill-pill mate.....

Aaaaaaand relax, top man!....

Hi Guys, I think most of you know, I place great store by good manners, so I would associate myself with your sentiments. I think it sets our forum apart from others.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Is there any way to ensure that new members have to read certain relevant threads before being able to post?
    I'm thinking of threads like this one and using the forums own picture uploader, etc.

Tom

?

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Is there any way to ensure that new members have to read certain relevant threads before being able to post?
    I'm thinking of threads like this one and using the forums own picture uploader, etc.

Tom
    You could add it to the usual caveats, that a new member have to sign off on before joining the forum.

Tick of a box that says "I hereby declare that Im no revisionst, am able to read and will follow common courtesey guidelines such as etc etc..."

Its possible, but no guarantee, that it will be followed.

(strange, how some people just dont have it in them. Either they werent taught when a kid....or its an internet 'thang').

You can only teach politeness and manners up to a certain age, say about 15, after that there isnt much hope for someone who just doesnt care about such things and they will probably go their entire lives being inconsiderate....unless you make them join the marines!

Quote by StuG III View Post

Tom
    Everytime a noob comes along with a deluge of "Is it real, what's it worth?" i've started posting this link: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discu...ervice-167263/ by Adrian, and then advised they try a forum 'search' first.

Why not keep it saved, and post it when necessary? That way all members here are helping to make the forum a better place.

It hits the nail on the head, and they seem to get the idea. They either pull their necks in or go and do one, I don't really care which as long as it stops. There are ways to do these things correctly, and if they can't be bothered, why should the rest of us be with them? There's plenty of other forums, go there.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    You can only teach politeness and manners up to a certain age, say about 15, after that there isnt much hope for someone who just doesnt care about such things and they will probably go their entire lives being inconsiderate....unless you make them join the marines!
    My mother and the corp. are the cause of my manners.

One thing I do not understand though. Everyone is upset by the threads real or fake, but I see post of fake items where these same members are saying "don't be afraid to post it for review" or " you should've posted it before you bought it". In fact, I saw this today. I just don't understand want is wanted here. Just my thoughts, thanks for reading them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast