Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

A poem for the poppy abusers:

Article about: Always one for a bit of controversy, this one was sent to my phone from a good friend of mine, Mark. I thought i share it with you............ This land was built from blood and tears. The s

Default Re: A poem for the poppy abusers:

Quote by Darren Lillington View Post
    Hate to tell you mate but ask any Vet, they will tell you it wasnt about queen or country, they fight to try to keep themselvs and their buddies alive and to accomplish whatever objectives lay ahead.

Your sticking up of for England becouse you love it and thats fine, dosent mean others should share your beleifs, also your pretty much saying all that left are cowards if not traitors. We left becouse we were smart enough to see the country was on a downhill slope, falling to peices and wasnt getting any better eg. High crime rate, Employment on an all time low, the cost of living too much for the average person, terrible economy, etc etc.

The way you talk, you think the sun shines out of englands Arse. you said - So you think no other country is beautiful? or has nice friendly people?, When you said Britain is still GREAT in your mind i can beleive that, you need to snap out of the dream and wake up and see England for what it is.

I don't mean to offend, im mearly putting my opinion forward but i apologize for hijacking the thread a little.

Cheers-

D.L.
    Hello D.L.

Where in my post did I say anything about Queen and Country or mention England? Try reading what I said before having a go at me. I expressed my opinion as have you. If you want to have a go at bashing England, you carry on, I'm Welsh and might join in, but I am British as well and after living abroad find Britain is best. Your an expat and if you chose to leave that is up to you, but not all of us want to do the same.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Gents its not about how bad a country is run or whether its not working, we all seem to have got off point, this time is about the heroes who can no longer speak for themselves, the peoples of all nations who gave their lives in a war that to most was their duty to serve no matter how senseless its meaning, we shouldnt forget that, nor the fact that soldiers are still paying the ultimate price today

Quote by davejb View Post
    Gents its not about how bad a country is run or whether its not working, we all seem to have got off point, this time is about the heroes who can no longer speak for themselves, the peoples of all nations who gave their lives in a war that to most was their duty to serve no matter how senseless its meaning, we shouldnt forget that, nor the fact that soldiers are still paying the ultimate price today
    Well said!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry about hi-jacking the thread everyone and Jerry, i wasnt having a go at you. Its just a touchy subject and the fact im trying to quit smoking dosnt help as it makes me cranky, my apologies.

back on topic-

DL

?

Dave, well said. Darren, good luck with the cigs...or rather lack thereof.

Best thing about this thread?

Not the passion that is evident that some people have about their country, but the fact that we all remember those who fell. THAT is why we read the thread in the first place. For them, and their memory. May it live forever, whoever you are...and wherever you reside.

Regards,

Carl

?

There have been some wise words and thoughts put down here and equally some poorly chosen and expressed views too. Do not turn the thread into a platform to air negative opinions about any country, race or political leaning. Everyone will have a different opinion and I would like to suggest you think before you type on this one and if there is any possibility you might cause offence then please refrain from posting.
    The thread (I hope) was not created for members to slag off other members countries or chosen ways of life. Show some tolerance in the same way you expect others to tolerate you and your opinions - which, on reflection, is almost the purpose of the thread.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Britain has some bueatiful places and then they have not, and its the places where there is the problems is that what the other countries here about.
    the population of manchester is about 1/3 of the population of Ireland. There will be a problem and thats what we will here. Before you judge quickle watch "Country File" on BBC from time to time, Britain isint as bad as you think.

cheers,
    Pat

Britain is top of my list of overseas destinations to visit, statistically it is the most popular destination for Australians to visit if money is no object ( learnt this during my tourism course) so although the media like to sensationalize certain events and highlight the worst of them, most of us are wise enough to realize that there are good and bad places in every country. Your all welcome over to my place for a Barbie no matter where your from!

.......oh, and Jerry, can you please take Julia Gillard back, it was funny to start with but the jokes worn off now, thanks. lol

Quote by Darren Lillington View Post
    Sorry about hi-jacking the thread everyone and Jerry, i wasnt having a go at you. Its just a touchy subject and the fact im trying to quit smoking dosnt help as it makes me cranky, my apologies.

back on topic-

DL
    I have yet to attempt the giving up of smoking but understand the difficulties that puts upon you and no worries and no hard feelings.

Sadly for me, all the Vets I knew have long since passed away and I don't know why they went and whether it was partly out of a feeling of patriotism , as many surely did in my Grandfathers generation, or because they were already in the Terriers, as in my Fathers case who had shrapnel in his leg until he passed away, or because they were conscripted like many others, but all who went would have been scarred in some way and it's in their memory as well as those who did not return that I wear my poppy with pride.

Let us not forgot what they went through, that allows us to sit here and express freely our opinions.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast