Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: What badges, pins and insignia offer the best investment potential?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iron Cross (EK)

16 29.63%
  • Wound Abzeichen

1 1.85%
  • Heeres Abzeichen

4 7.41%
  • Luftwaffe Abzeichen (Fallschirmjager separate - below)

7 12.96%
  • Kriegsmarine Abzeichen

4 7.41%
  • SS & Waffen-SS Insignia & Pins

33 61.11%
  • NSDAP Abzeichen, Insignia & Pins

9 16.67%
  • SA Abzeichen, Insignia & Pins

2 3.70%
  • Other (DLV, NSFK, NSKK, etc.) Abzeichen, Insignia & Pins

0 0%
  • Fallschirmjager Abzeichen & Insignia

17 31.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Poll - Best Investments in Third Reich (WW2) Badges

Article about: Hello All, Let's take a vote on which badges (abzeichen) represent the best investment. By best investment I mean their potential to either hold their value or increase in value. Let's assum

Default Re: Poll - Best Investments in Third Reich (WW2) Badges

SS for me! If I had the money I would specialize

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Luther
    ?

Default Why Does EK Rank So Low in this Poll?? - High-End EKs Remain a Solid Investment!

Hello All,

I still can't understand why the EK has ranked so low in this poll. If there is any badge out there that has steadily climbed in value it's the iron cross.

I mean, virtually every german militaria collector has got have at least one. From my experience, dealers don't keep nice examples in stock for very long...the really nice ones are always the first to go - way before other abzeichen.

As far as popularity and demand goes, the EK is in the top 3...and I don't think this will change in the future. If anything, I think demand will continue to grow. Plus there's the big advantage of a relatively low cost to entry, relatively good availability of high-end examples, and ease of re-sale.

Unless I'm totally off my rocker, I just don't see being off-base here.

As far as EKs go, I think the best investment values are really "cherry," high-end manufacture, private-purchase Imperial examples. Especially the ones with the crescent half moon and Imperial Crown (e.g. M. Hansen) and/or those with the manufacturer's hallmarks (e.g. P. Meybauer, A. Werner, etc.)

I know somebody's gonna say it...this poll is for Third Reich abzeichen...not Imperial. I know, I know!!!

Quote by Luther View Post
    Hello All,

I still can't understand why the EK has ranked so low in this poll. If there is any badge out there that has steadily climbed in value it's the iron cross.

I mean, virtually every german militaria collector has got have at least one. From my experience, dealers don't keep nice examples in stock for very long...the really nice ones are always the first to go - way before other abzeichen.

As far as popularity and demand goes, the EK is in the top 3...and I don't think this will change in the future. If anything, I think demand will continue to grow. Plus there's the big advantage of a relatively low cost to entry, relatively good availability of high-end examples, and ease of re-sale.

Unless I'm totally off my rocker, I just don't see being off-base here.

As far as EKs go, I think the best investment values are really "cherry," high-end manufacture, private-purchase Imperial examples. Especially the ones with the crescent half moon and Imperial Crown (e.g. M. Hansen) and/or those with the manufacturer's hallmarks (e.g. P. Meybauer, A. Werner, etc.)

I know somebody's gonna say it...this poll is for Third Reich abzeichen...not Imperial. I know, I know!!!
    I think the EK qualifying low and NSFK, DVL at all because the sample is very small, unrepresentative by the total space collectors in the world, I think this is statistically insignificant, the greater number of votes is required to have a tendency "more real "about it...

Regards,

Dan

I think a lot of it is down to the quantity manufactured. Obviously there are EK's of both grades that are rarer & consequentially worth more. If you notice KVK's aren't in the vote, nor are things like Ost medals. Or are they included in the Heer vote? I don't think so. EK's don't get a surge of popularity like some awards. Take ISA's, when myself & my mate Fischer started collecting them, they were cheap. Then all of a sudden prices rocketed (not due to us), but they became more desirable. Prices became outrageous for even a basic ISA. So I stopped collecting them. Even now us collectors pay more than we should. EK's only really rise in price in reflection of time. Folks like them & they were almost handed out like sweets towards the end. Stewy

For me it have to be anything SS, would love to be able to afford a good condition SS camo helmet. But there again any item which is rare and sort after will be of the highest value & investment. I have found that this collecting hobby has it's ups and downs as time go's by. We all have our own field in collecting and it is nice to see a lot of it on this forum.

I agree Steve, anything SS is expensive. More money can be made from it than any other Third Reich stuff. No matter how much you pay (within reason). Stewy

Anyway, there's only 39 voters in the poll. Not a true reflection really. SS will come out on top all ends up IMO. Stewy

So SS gets your vote too Friedrich. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    So SS gets your vote too Friedrich. Stewy
    I thought I would add some illustrations, and I am seized of the word "pins" to describe this regalia, since I see pins in a different context.

I collect insignia with the cap and jacket, as it were, which makes it costly.

The investment aspect has never really been my chief goal.

I invested more time and effort in my career with history than I have realized in profit.

You should collect what interests you and not what pleases others. The attempt to please others always goes wrong, I think.

Happy insignia to all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast