Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

post WWII wars sections?

Article about: I seem to remember there was a discussion about creating some sections for wars that came after WWII, Vietnam, the Falklands Korea the middle East wars etc.... I cant find it but I wonder if

Any suggestions where would be a good place to add this new category?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Any suggestions where would be a good place to add this new category?
    Ralph.
    Can a new "forum" be created? (Like we have for Aviation, Polish, German Militaria, Western Allies, etc.)

If not, for the time being, maybe put it under Collectors Community until it grows? Or can we change the names of one of the forums. Like "Steel Helmets & Buttons - Other". These two seem like an odd pairing as it is, no harm adding a third and renaming it "Other: Steel Helmets, Buttons & Post WWII Militaria"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It should be above 'The Western Allies', and as previously stated, it should be a forum of its own, and the title should be... 'Post WW11 Conflicts'. Followed by a list of sub-sections for the different theatres of war, and there is a lot!

Steve's idea sounds great but perhaps the previous suggestion of putting it in the world steel helmets and buttons section would do as an interim until it can be seen how busy it gets. Perhaps the mods for it could pin a thread for each conflict as they get posted as well as showing individual threads on items and also perhaps the same for categories of object, soft headgear, field gear, uniforms and badges etc....I think making it a world section is a good idea.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    It should be above 'The Western Allies', and as previously stated, it should be a forum of its own, and the title should be... 'Post WW11 Conflicts'. Followed by a list of sub-sections for the different theatres of war, and there is a lot!
    Let's start simple at first Steve. It can always be changed as it grows.
    As I am not an Admin, I do not have access to the options that there are. Not sure if it can be inserted above the Western Allies section, or, if a whole new section can be added, (probably can, don't know).
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I had a long, hard think about this again last night... and to be quite honest about it, the list which would be needed to cover ALL conflicts since 1945 would be absolutely enormous. Then if you divided it again into topics covering helmets, uniforms, equipment... it would just grow out of hand. Dare I suggest another approach? Perhaps there should be the main heading of post-WW11 conflicts, and then sub-divided by continents, such as Africa, Middle East, Europe, and so on. This would give plenty of scope for contributions from collectors with interest in these forgotten wars of the mid 20th century onwards - and early 21st century wars.

Cheers,
    Steve

Let me see what I can do.

There are tech aspects over where to put it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

CBH
    ?

I would think a Nato , Warsaw Pact, and non-alined counties would be an easy way to divid categories .
    Just to start with, as I believe the number of conflicts would be too numerous .

Looking forward to this being active.

I do think it is funny that for a long time we have had post war section for Germany who has never fought a war since 1945 rather than the US or UK and others who have!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Looking forward to this being active.

I do think it is funny that for a long time we have had post war section for Germany who has never fought a war since 1945 rather than the US or UK and others who have!
    But even that gets swamped by TR because of where it has been placed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast