Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Post your best of 2013

Article about: by document Attachment 611445Attachment 611446Attachment 611445 Hi, I eventually found my copy of "Counterfeiting the Holocaust" which I mentioned earlier and this is the relevant

Hi, I eventually found my copy of "Counterfeiting the Holocaust" which I mentioned earlier and this is the relevant page I was thinking about on this type of painted and stamped metal winkel:

image.jpg

You will note that in the first caption the author mentions that ".....they are not like the originals used in Allach, a subcamp of Dachau" now this suggests to me that only this one subcamp ever used such metal winkels so your badge must have come from the same Dachau subcamp to be an original...is Allach part of the story you were given?

Allach concentration camp:

It was the first of seven sub-camps to supply the BMW armament factory with slave laborers, where airplane engines were produced and repaired. Starting from 1941 German civilians and about 50 prisoners of the Allach subcamp of the Dachau concentration camp were employed with production of art and porcelain. the Allach subcamp of Dachau remained the main location for fine porcelain manufacture even after the original factory in the town of Allach was modernized and reopened.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

My radio VE 301 DYN and gold rings

PC100051.jpgPC100053.jpgP6260004.jpg

finally finished my Cromwell restoration
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hard to pick only one item, but this mkII tommy helmet from early in WWII which is named and has the service number of the original owner from the RWF is probably one of the best items I bought this year and as there is another similar thread I can post another in that one as well.

The Royal Welch Fusiliers among the Welch regiments is of particular interest to me and I will be having Xmas dinner with the last Colonel of the regiment this year.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Hard to pick only one item, but this mkII tommy helmet from early in WWII which is named and has the service number of the original owner from the RWF is probably one of the best items I bought this year and as there is another similar thread I can post another in that one as well.

The Royal Welch Fusiliers among the Welch regiments is of particular interest to me and I will be having Xmas dinner with the last Colonel of the regiment this year.
    Top lid Jerry!....

Deschler KVK2 nothing fancy but glad i found one with swords.

Hi Guys

It is hard knowing where to start, completing my 12cm mortar ammo box after getting it and another mortar round at Ciney and having a great weekend with a good friend, who showed me some of the Ardennes battle sites I had never seen. Also finding the breech section so I can complete my German captured Russian mortar, 12cm Gr.W 378(r).

There are also other purchases, but you did say only one or two.

Regards

Richard

"There are also other purchases, but you did say only one or two."

Thank you.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Could be different items

This NOTEK set found on an attic in France

Attachment 611488

Attachment 611489

Attachment 611490

Attachment 611491

Attachment 611492

But i think the Zündapp K800 takes the price

Attachment 611493

Attachment 611494

Attachment 611495

Regards, Lars
    That's a bloody cool bike Lars!.....

Mine would have to be the M35 SD Heer straight from the " box in the attic in Denver where the relative was sorting through some junk her grandfather had from the war". Hadn't seen daylight in over 60 years.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast