Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prague, Viena, Budapest

Article about: Haye every one need a bit of help next mounth iam of on my holidays wooo hooo. I will be going to Prague, Viena and Budapest. doose any one no any good collectores shops or markets to go to

?

Default Prague, Viena, Budapest

Haye every one need a bit of help next mounth iam of on my holidays wooo hooo. I will be going to Prague, Viena and Budapest. doose any one no any good collectores shops or markets to go to and are there any battle sites worth visiting why i am there any help would be very help full

cheers steve

Default Re: Prague, Viena, Budapest

Hi alfrie..well for you you will enjoy...i did the same trip 13yrs ago...check all the small old shops, sometimes they have a medal or two...thare is a great open market on a saturday morning...i cant remember the train stop but its in the city suburbs, and thare was a couple of mil.dealers around...in prage thare is a military shop near th train station ...overpriced...and in budapest their are plenty of markets a bus ride from the centre...be careful a got a few fakes so bring the laptop...happy hunting take plenty of photos....

?

Hi Alfrie.
    The wife and I were in Prague a few years ago and one place that is a must see visit is the crypt/museum where the commandoes that killed Heydrich had there last stand. Cheap entrance fee, VERY eerie when you actually go into the crypt area and a good selection of books, (when I was there anyway).
    I would agaree with Darren about the overpriced military shop, (we looked and walked away!) But have a good look around the back streets, there are quite a few small shops that have a "bit of everything" in them at reasonable prices.

Enjoy the trip

Regards etc.
    Ian D.

AKA: Jimpy

PS: The scoff is good and reasonably priced, as is the "falling down water" LOL

Hi Steve, there is a museum in Prague that houses the S type mercedes which belonged to Heydrich. I missed it when I visited Prague, as it was on tour in Germany.

In Budapest I recommed a trip to the Citadel near the lions bridge. You can walk up the hill. And there is a wax works with some odd wax Germans, a trust worthy SS doctor and a crazed Luftwaffe man. There is also a Hungarian officer who looked a little like G.bush. Around the citadel there are plenty of old anti air / anti tank guns. There are also many displays of medals and relics inside with the dummies :-)

?

cheers lads iam realy looking forward to it just half to fob the wife of to an old book shop for the day lol like the sound of the crypt always good to stand were history was made and will defo check the lions bridge out heard some bits about it, like the sound of the old markets. God its going to be a long coatch trip lol cheers once again lads very help full.

P.s i plan on working my way around there selectins of falling down water cant beet a good ale lol o boy !!!

steve

Steve

You will love all 3 cities but Budapest was my favourite.

If you havent already it will be worth reading up on the "Siege of Budapest" as this will highlight areas involved in that great battle.

When you see the famous 'Chain Bridge' imagine it during the siege
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

hay wolf ill have to do some reading iv heard bits of history about it but never looked in to it. I defo do some reading up gets you in the right mind set for it cant wait now was exited before but now iv herd all this from you guys realy buzing now lol ill get some good pics and upload to this thread when back