Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pricing the unpricable

Article about: How much do you think the tunic and soldbuch would go for on the market. Watching this makes me wonder....:roll eyes: The Brits Who Fought For Hitler 4/6 - YouTube all the best, Stefan

?

Lightbulb Pricing the unpricable

How much do you think the tunic and soldbuch would go for on the market. Watching this makes me wonder....:roll eyes:

The Brits Who Fought For Hitler 4/6 - YouTube

all the best,
    Stefan

Default Re: Pricing the unpricable

Quote by thekid View Post
    How much do you think the tunic and soldbuch would go for on the market. Watching this makes me wonder....:roll eyes:

The Brits Who Fought For Hitler 4/6 - YouTube

all the best,
    Stefan
    Hi, have no idea, i have never seen one.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Hi Stefan, the Soldbuch is original, but the tunic shown is a replica. No originals survive now.

Price? Certainly a five figure sum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Recently I was reading about a West Australian who also joined the British Free Corp, I think 3 Aussies joined, this bloke spent some time in Fremantle prison after the war for joining.

It is worth watching all the parts of the TV programme from You Tube. One of the Aussie's features in it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Things like this make me think that calling it "Germans versus America/U.K./Soviet Union" is entirely incorrect.

I'm surprised there wasn't such a thing as an American Waffen-SS volunteer division.

Hi Mo, a couple of US citizens did serve.

See this link to a forum members website:

www.bills-bunker.de

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for the link, Ade. That's some really interesting stuff.

I find this picture and the fact that they let Martin Monti join the American military again very funny.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cheers Ade, will have a look at that. I recently bought a terrific book called "Australian POW's in Hitlers Reich" it has a small chapter on the Australians in the BFC. The West Aussie was Albert James Stokes.

Those must be very rare uniforms! Wonder how many survived the war as some volunteers had British POW uniforms stashed away in their rucksacks, so I guess they got rid of their SS uniforms before they got caught.
    I just finished reading a book on the matter SS volunteers, and found out there were also 5 Americain SS volunteers before the war. Bet those uniforms are pretty rare too, aswell as the Indian ones.
    Watched the docu on you-tube you posted, very interesting! Thanks for posting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast