Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prof Richard Holmes 'British Military historian and author has died

Article about: Sad news, here's a link to the BBC news web site. BBC News - Prof Richard Holmes, acclaimed military historian, dies RIP, I for one really enjoyed his War walks series. LUCKYSTRIKE

Default Prof Richard Holmes 'British Military historian and author has died

Sad news, here's a link to the BBC news web site.

BBC News - Prof Richard Holmes, acclaimed military historian, dies

RIP, I for one really enjoyed his War walks series.

LUCKYSTRIKE

?

Default Re: Prof Richard Holmes 'British Military historian and author has died

Very sad to hear this, I enjoyed his work very much. 65 is not fair, he had so much more to give. RIP.

I too was very saddened to hear this news. I had a great respect for his work. My condolences to his family and friends.

Cheers, Ade.

A sad loss - a good author and broadcaster.

Had a pleasure of meeting him once - a true gentleman.

Richie

Very sad indeed, I just loved his enthusiastic delivery

RIP

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

A truely great military historian whose enthuasim shone through. RIP

I am also saddend to hear the news of his passing, he was an true gentleman,
    I have enjoyed his work over the years he will be sadly missed. R.I.P Richard.
    Dave.

?

Very sad news for the Military History community , his riding the route of the retreat from Mons will always be remembered , RIP
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Very sad news, he made military history very easy listening and was so enthusiastic about the subject ,RIP sir

?

tragic news , a great historian who made a great contribution to the understanding of military history.will be sadly missed.
    RIP......PAUL