Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

QLD, NSW & VIC Flooding

Article about: I Hope the Best for all affected! Good Luck to You Lot in Ipswich & Brisbane!

Default QLD, NSW & VIC Flooding

I Hope the Best for all affected! Good Luck to You Lot in Ipswich & Brisbane!

?

Default Re: QLD, NSW & VIC Flooding

God bless all those affected,friends,family and old Army mates!!!!.Godbless the SES, Police,Fire and Ambulance,and all Military involved in the rescue and rebuilding. And God bless and God keep those who have died.

I miss not being on 24 hr standbye for these sort of things!!!!!

Quote by qotd View Post
    God bless all those affected,friends,family and old Army mates!!!!.Godbless the SES, Police,Fire and Ambulance,and all Military involved in the rescue and rebuilding. And God bless and God keep those who have died.

I miss not being on 24 hr standbye for these sort of things!!!!!
    Cheers for elaborating Mate

?

I love a sunburnt country,
    A land of sweeping plains,
    Of ragged mountain ranges,
    Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons,
    I love her jewel-sea,
    Her beauty and her terror –
    The wide brown land for me!

Its ironic,a part of a poem writen years ago is so meaningful today. For the last ten years we have been in drought praying for rain, and Mother Australia decides its time for rain!!!!! from one extreme to another. Some places are getting a months rain each hour!!!! But I still love and will defend this country! and support those who are needy.

?

And you may well ask, what has this got to do with military relics and collectables.

Without these things happening, without our stoicsim, without our courage and national character of helping those less fortunate than ourselves at home or overseas,without our compassion and empathy for others in peril, Australias Defence Forces would not have a breeding ground where we can deploy forces overseas in peace keeping or War and do our job profesioanly and with envy of other nations. We come together as a nation and open our homes to strangers to give them somewhere to sleep, on operations we use our compassion, empathy and training to succesfuly complete our missions without the needless huge losses of life.

it has stopped raining here for the first time in days.But the damage is done !
    looking at a 5mtr flood at 4am today ! mixed with a king tide

Hi,
    I send my prayers and hopes for the people of austalia who are cought up in this disaster i have family in N.S.W, and friends over there, thanks to all your services and others who are doing there best to keep people safe.
    dave.

Hang in their my Aussie friends. You've got a great country and fantastic people, that take care of each other. Hopefully the rivers will crest today and the worst of it will be over. My prayers are with all those affected as well.

Jay

flood peaked at 4.5 meters 4am this morning ,below 5.2 prediction.still damage to roads and infrastructure is extensive
    as I work down the port of Brisbane it could be days before I get back to work !

?

Our hearts and hopes are with you and all those affected by these massive deluges, but from seeing the news here, im impressed by your countrymen and womens attitude and the general mood of those that have suffered so far, it seems that even in the face of adversity the aussie spirit and good humoured nature is prevailing, keep the spirits up and i hope an end to all this suffering will soon present itself, regards Dave