Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

A question for collectors.

Article about: Hello Guys and Gals, Here is the question that I have been thinking of. If one item in your collection could talk, it doesn't matter what, whether it is a bullet casing or a Me-262, what wou

?

Yes I do!!! I was in high school riding a bus talking about my Jap rifle (Type38 school rifle) that I had just found in a neighbors garage and was given and the kid behind me tells me about the sword his father took from a museum when he was in Japan. I ask if his dad would mind me looking at it. He tell's me his father is in an insane asylum(BINGO!!) and sure I can check it out. Long story shortened. I offer $25(1977) and wind up paying $15. It came with a maroon scabbard(Saya) but because it did not have the tsuba(hand guard) It split the Saya. Another long story, somebody (My SSgt)said they could fix it and their kids F#$Ked it up!!!! What to do when you are a LCpl????

But Yes It is in my display case and even thou It Is a BUNGO SWORD!!(Some find these as inferior to Meji Art swords) I love it ! I will never give this one up.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Holy Shit!!! Will somebody get that "LIKE" Back!!!!!
    That gobblet MAP has deserves a BIG LIKE!!!!!!
    Badass

SF
    Phil

?

Mine would be the canteen cover of Palmer Leroy Klahre. KIA on Iwo Jima, 3rd Bn. 25th Marine Regiment, 4th Marine Division. Google him. Thanks, Rob.DSC00074.JPGDSC00075.JPGDSC00076.JPG

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Badass

SF
    Phil
    Ditto. MAP, where the f*** did you get that thing. It is amazing it survived.

Rob, that is cool. But not to be a buzzkill but other that P.L.K. stenciled on the front, do you have any proof that it is his. I am just curious. I am not trying to make a heated debate about it.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    well mine nearly talks
    Ya, pretty much.

Quote by Lockley16 View Post
    Ya, pretty much.
    z

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Badass

SF
    Phil
    Quote by Lockley16 View Post
    Ditto. MAP, where the f*** did you get that thing. It is amazing it survived.
    Phil/Lockley,

Yes. Where is that dang "Like" button!!!!!

Your reaction was the same reaction I had when I first saw it. My childhood friend had it. He is really into Civil War collecting and I told him I wanted first dibs when he needed money...time passes and he calls me up. Needed money for a Springfield Musket. It was one of those items that money was no object and paid what I thought was way too much (now I know better). I just had to have it. I love this thing and will never get rid of it!!!!

If ONLY IT COULD TALK!

Check out the original thread. When I just joined WRF!!

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/art-d...obblet-417216/

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

MAP that is a beauty. You just have to wonder who's lip's were on that!!!!
    add another Like to the list!!!.

SF
    Phil

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast