Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

A question for collectors.

Article about: Hello Guys and Gals, Here is the question that I have been thinking of. If one item in your collection could talk, it doesn't matter what, whether it is a bullet casing or a Me-262, what wou

Without doubt for me it would be this small plate taken from Hitlers bunker in May 1945. What stories could it tell of those last desperate days, did it "hear" the gunshot that ended the third reich? I'll never know but imagination costs nothing! image.jpg

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    So MAP is that glass or crystal?
    I really like the color and design of it. I see why you wanted it!!
    SF
    Phil
    Quote by Lockley16 View Post
    MAP, I am curious. How much did you pay for the gobblet and have you had it appraised?
    Phil/Lockley: Hope you enjoyed the link. I do not think we will every find another one of these. Truely one of a kind or the only surviving example.

Lockley: It was a number of years ago before I began tracking the cash flow drain out of my bank account, but it was in the $200 range. At the time I thought it was too much, but now, I think I have a gem and would have paid even more. Like I mentioned earlier. I just HAD to have it. I have never had it appraised. Wouldn't even know where to begin. Any thoughts as to who I would go to?

Phil: Thanks for the "Likes". I "Like" these likes, and "dislike" the ability to not "Like". To answer you question, I am pretty sure it is glass. But I don't really know. I doubt they would "color" crystal but this is not my expertise. Happy to pull it out of the case and take any more pictures if you like.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sandgroper, with the plate. It could also have heard nothing. Do you know the rumor that Hitler never killed himself and survived the war. I will call BS on that rumor but who knows. Michael. First either send very detailed photos of the gobblet or personally go to museums all over the world to get different opinions whether it is authentic or not. Then take it to auction houses, like top of the line auction houses for militaria to get their appraised value. You do that with a couple of auction houses and then average the values and there you go. Though in auction, the price might skyrocket if it is real.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    So MAP is that glass or crystal?
    I really like the color and design of it. I see why you wanted it!!
    SF
    Phil
    MAP, I am curious. How much did you pay for the gobblet and have you had it appraised?
    Sandgroper, with the plate. It could also have heard nothing. Do you know the rumor that Hitler never killed himself and survived the war. I will call BS on that rumor but who knows. Michael. First either send very detailed photos of the gobblet or personally go to museums all over the world to get different opinions whether it is authentic or not. Then take it to auction houses, like top of the line auction houses for militaria to get their appraised value. You do that with a couple of auction houses and then average the values and there you go. Though in auction, the price might skyrocket if it is real.
    One of these days!! But as my tagline states, I hope my wife does not sell it for what I paid for it!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Mine would be so much more personal than those posted previously....

This small slightly frayed photo is one of only four that remains of my family's life in Poland.

So, I would ask my grandmother in the center of this photo to tell me where she lived and died after the war in Poland, having survived KL Ravensbruck, KL Sachsenhausen and KL- Genthin between 1941 -45. I would like to ask my grandfather on the right what his fate during WWII and if he died during the war or survived and where, and if I have any family that survived the war in Poland.

FAMILY_1.jpg

My late father is the young teen on the left of the photo, he never saw any of his family again after being deported himself from Warsaw in August 1942 - a few months after this family Christmas photo was taken.

There is nothing in else in my collection that I would gladly give my soul to be able to hear their tale.
    Last edited by StefanM; 05-20-2014 at 11:58 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by MAP View Post
    One of these days!! But as my tagline states, I hope my wife does not sell it for what I paid for it!!!
    Ya, because you can give it to me.

Stefan,thats really nice thoughts.

Default Fake SS OGF TABS

image.jpgMine would be my fake SS OGF tabs I purchased 20 years ago, they lived in my safe for that long, then I posted them on this forum, SO I WOULD ASK THEM WHO AND WHERE HE IS NOW, THAT FAKED THEM.
    REGARDS SK

Stefan, cool. I bet if you keep researching, you probably could find something. Like I found records that 4 of the 9 ancestors, that could sign up for the Civil War, that I have were actually Confederate soldiers and amazingly they all survived. Actually my dad found out the another one of my ancestors was murdered. I don't know the details. Silberkreuzm, why? So you can beat up the guy and take back your money, and then some?

?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob, that is cool. But not to be a buzzkill but other that P.L.K. stenciled on the front, do you have any proof that it is his. I am just curious. I am not trying to make a heated debate about it.

Yes, Zack, I do have proof. I have several medals and uniforms from men who were KIA. This is the only piece of field gear some one may have been wearing when they were in combat. I've had it since 1988, and won't part with it as long as I'm breathing. Thanks, Rob.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast