Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

A question for collectors.

Article about: Hello Guys and Gals, Here is the question that I have been thinking of. If one item in your collection could talk, it doesn't matter what, whether it is a bullet casing or a Me-262, what wou

Quote by Lockley16 View Post
    Hey moderators, is there anyway to blast this thread to everyone?
    Hi Lockley..your thread is off to a great start..and up to 5 pgs as of now. No need to expedite it across the forum board..if that is your inquiry. The members here are very resourceful..and see everything posted. I have no doubts..you thread will continue onward. Great topic Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ya, that is an awesome piece of family history. Wo knows maybe the POW was a modeler before the war. Just imagine, that is extremely hard to do today, so what was it like in the camp.

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    MY mkIII turtle helmet, pictures not mine I don't really get many pictures of my things.
    I would ask it when the insignia was applied same with the black paint and what the insignia means as both helmet shell and liner are ww2 dated.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

?

Quote by relicz View Post
    Sometimes it more about a group of items, tied to a particular individual or point in time, and separation is not a viable option. I've just realized that I've never posted this group and its associated history on this particular forum, I will have to rectify that at some point.
    John thats one hell of a grouping. Would LOVE to see more.

?

I have been reading this thread and enjoying it immensely , also a great idea for a thread!

It is a tough question, and I admire those who have family connections to an item, what a gift it would be to be able to hear that story.

The OP said we could post 2, and so I did as I cannot chose between them. I have posted the contents of these 2 display cases:

I would like to know what Sepp Dietrich's insignia and soldbuch would say and what stories they would tell, and what Himmler's collar and calling card would reveal, and if the desk Fuhrerstandarte brought back by Cpl. John Delves RCASC was ever used by or in the presence of Hitler.

Attachment 694156

Attachment 694157

Quote by DougB View Post
    I have been reading this thread and enjoying it immensely , also a great idea for a thread!

It is a tough question, and I admire those who have family connections to an item, what a gift it would be to be able to hear that story.

The OP said we could post 2, and so I did as I cannot chose between them. I have posted the contents of these 2 display cases:

I would like to know what Sepp Dietrich's insignia and soldbuch would say and what stories they would tell, and what Himmler's collar and calling card would reveal, and if the desk Fuhrerstandarte brought back by Cpl. John Delves RCASC was ever used by or in the presence of Hitler.
    "Like!"
    Very special items Doug! I would also like to hear what they would have to say.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Im going to faint ! The Soldbuch Doug is awesome
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

What a great idea and thread. Personally, nothing can get close to the post by StefanM in my opinion.

This WWI Iron Cross was awarded to my great-great aunt's husband. No family pictures of him can be found, and she came to America a widow to join the rest of her family already here, so we assume he didn't survive the war. Don't even know his full name but hers was Klara Weller; have a few old photos of her. My grandmother gave me this Cross when I was 12 years old since the 1st thing I often did when visiting them was to open the drawer and look at it - still have it of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is my Polish wz.31 helmet - always wondered about its history.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would really like this grouping to tell me who the living relatives of this fallen SS officer are so I could maybe contact them

SS Totenkopf Officer Feldpost+Photo+Documents lot

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast