Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Question for collectors in Poland: what American militaria is popular?

Article about: Hello everyone. I'm leaving for Poland on the 17th. I'll be staying on my dad's farm near Tarnow for two weeks and can't wait! I'll be on the lookout for any militaria when I'm there but had

DSC02229.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

DSC02231.jpg

DSC02232.jpg

Photos of a WWII African American officer, enlisted man's cap, and water proof bag used by troops in the jungles.

I would appreciate any advice from our fellow collectors in Poland. Would any of these items be popular in Poland?

Thanks,

Artur

Well items not to bring to Poland are fake SS insignia, fake SS honor rings and fake III Reich awards, as they have plenty of those for the moment.

?

I would think that might not be a bad idea, the Early USMC uniform is quite a rarity so I am sure that getting this is Poland is not very easy

No advice from Polish collectors?

you have a big problem, Poland is modern and collectors have PC! For the US militaria, I think it was interesting for us in 1990, now they can find all in Poland, in Prague, it's the same.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

You do have a point. I forgot about the internet!

The last time I was in Krakau, I saw the military shop I knos since 1990...It's him who told me all was sold by the net.
    Before, All was made by phone!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Not worth the trouble or the expense...
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

I think that US militaria doesn't really sell well in Europe. Maybe some surplus items and in the UK but not other places of what I'm aware of.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast