Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question on pricing: trench art 75mm shell cases

Article about: Mods, feel free to move this if needed. I'm in the process of selling somethings to fund my next rifle purchase, I'm selling pair of trench art shell casings and need to know the true value

Default Question on pricing: trench art 75mm shell cases

Mods, feel free to move this if needed. I'm in the process of selling somethings to fund my next rifle purchase, I'm selling pair of trench art shell casings and need to know the true value of them, I'll provided better photos if needed.

headstamp case 1: 75MM M5A1TYPE T(?) 1944.LOT TBC-3 203B. CO.
    Case headstamp 2:75MM M5A1 TYPE I ECBC-1- 129 1944

Both hhave the crossed cannons on them as well

Thanks,
    George
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default re: Question on pricing: trench art 75mm shell cases

Honestly, I've found that trench art items are hard to price... I think it's a matter of what someone is willing to pay for them. For some, those may be undesirable, but for others, they could be valuable.

What were you thinking about pricing them at?

Also, what rifle are you planning to purchase?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Honestly, I've found that trench art items are hard to price... I think it's a matter of what someone is willing to pay for them. For some, those may be undesirable, but for others, they could be valuable.

What were you thinking about pricing them at?

Also, what rifle are you planning to purchase?
    I'm thinking about 55-60 for the pair, and I'm looking for an M38 currently. I saw your M44 thread on gunboards and it made me want to search for an M38 again

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    I'm thinking about 55-60 for the pair, and I'm looking for an M38 currently. I saw your M44 thread on gunboards and it made me want to search for an M38 again
    $55-60 doesn't sound unreasonable to me at all. It definitely helps that your two shells have a lot of detail to the artwork on them. Good luck!

M44 should be here by the middle of next week... IF Hurricane Sandy doesn't mess things up too much... so stayed tuned for that. I also purchased an M91/30 to gift out to my buddy for Christmas!

?

That seem okay for the pair IMHO

Enjoy your M44, they're awesome. I've got 4 of them, two Russians, one Hungarian and one Romanian. The Russian ones are dated 1944 and 1945, the 45 being East German marked.
    Thanks for the help guys

George

For some reason, the WWI 75mm's seem to go anywhere from 40-75 bucks on up each-depending on the ornamentation. WWII's, though, seem to go about half this. I think the figure of 60 bucks for this pair is quite fair and should satisfy everyone.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."