Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question on the SA

Article about: Well as i was reading the book The Book Thief for school and an interesting quote comes up, it states that they were watching a Large Nazi Extremist Brown shirt (SA) parade on Munich Strasse

?

Default Question on the SA

Well as i was reading the book The Book Thief for school and an interesting quote comes up, it states that they were watching a Large Nazi Extremist Brown shirt (SA) parade on Munich Strasse in late May on '39. Were there still parades held for them at that time? From what i know after the night of long knives the SA member list plummeted. By the time '39 comes around wasn't most of the SA already diminished? Also with the institution on the SA Feldherrnhalle Panzer Corps though in '44 as an exception.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Hi Ryan, they were certainly diminished in size and influenece, but they were still around. No reason to doubt the account.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

And what during the Annual Party Days? Maybe their influence was diminished, but their
    numbers?
    1938 mentions 73,000 SA-members taking part and the granting of 42 Deutschlanderwache-standards.

The 1939 Party Day was planned and in the stage of building-up. As we all know it was cancelled.
    The cancelling came so suddenly that many RAD-members - who worked for the Party Day - did forget
    personal items during the retreat!