Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Random question to everybody in the forum

Article about: I dont really either mind being called one it only was 3 times. The Nazi story is true people were taught how the nazi's were soooo bad they actully wernt the only bad thing was the perfect

?

Default Random question to everybody in the forum

Hey guys i was just thinking about how in history class everybody tells me im the walking history textbook because they say i know everything there is to know about history. Is that with anybody else in the forum, who was or is in school right now.
    Ryan

Default Re: Random question to everybody in the forum

High School (9th Grade AP) I'm friends with my History Teacher. Last year, I didn't have to study for History at all. I aced every test. My teacher this year is giving me a lot of extra credit to bring in as much militaria as I can (excluding firearms, edged weapons).

?

You can do that im learning ww2 this year witch is going to be a breeze for me and im going to bring all that stuff in is that i just cant bring in knives bayonets or shovels. Why can u??

Quote by rbemer207 View Post
    You can do that im learning ww2 this year witch is going to be a breeze for me and im going to bring all that stuff in is that i just cant bring in knives bayonets or shovels. Why can u??
    I said I CANNOT. I actually could, but all the bull**** my parents and I have to do do (paper work and such), it isn't worth it at that point. I've still got a good amount of items to bring in though. Just got to avoid being called a nazi....

?

I have been called a nazi because i have 4 german things from ww2
    My eastern front medal that is "offensive"
    My hitler propaganda pin that is "offensive"
    My gm30 gasmask
    And my privately purchased glasses from the whermacht
    an
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by rbemer207 View Post
    I have been called a nazi because i have 4 german things from ww2
    My eastern front medal that is "offensive"
    My hitler propaganda pin that is "offensive"
    My gm30 gasmask
    And my privately purchased glasses from the whermacht

an
    Yeah, it *****. I just ignore the comments. At least you brought in small items, I brought in an armband. I get KKK and Nazi comments all the time. Just stupidity.

?

Not trying so be mean its just that people cant get over the fact that the war ended 66 years ago its over and the young population of germany has to deal with the constant critisism of people that that just havent gotten over it. There was the bad germans and the germans who just enlisted just one swastica on an item dosent dosn't mean that it is realated to like dr.megele or something.

Welcome to the club,rb. When I was Real young(even back in prehistoric days) I was interested in WWI and WWII history and would collect it as possible and when able. My school would even have me come down to other classes and give talks and shows about the historys of various aspects of both wars,etc. But, inevitably, I, too, ran into what you're talking about-the silly "Nazi" names, etc just because I collected things. No one ever seemed to notice the American or French and British stuff I had-it was always "that Nazi kid with all that stuff". I'd Like to tell you it gets better, but...it really doesn't. Once you get older and people start realizing what kind of serious Money the stuff is worth, then, at Least, they quit the worst of it, but it never really goes away all together. Even as older adults, you can Still sometimes run into the ridiculous muttering in the background, only by That point, they no longer say anything to your face. A case in point- I ran an antique shop that I closed almost 15 years ago and once I had a vet sell me a Japanese rising sun flag(a Nice big Navy silk flag, no less-one he'd brought back Himself!) so I hung it on the back wall for sale with a price tag. Incredibly, I began to hear the Same idiotic talk starting up again and people actually began to Shun coming into my store. I don't know if they thought I was some sort of Japanese spy with a Really Good disguise or what, but it floored me at the time and it still does. It was an actual relief that it sold Quick! I guess in some places around the country, people will always be "fighting the war against the evil Nazi huns and their ilk". Just like in the Deep South, you can Still find people who are all uppity about the Civil War and them "Nawthun' Yankee Carpetbaggers"! There's not a whole lot you can do about any of it, but try to keep a low key and only allow people who know you well to ever see anything you have. But, it sounds like in your case the cat's already out of the bag so just buckle up and ride it out. Always be sure to put on a "I hate those horrible Nazi scum and everything about them" attitude to anyone that will listen. It'll get tiresome, but maybe it'll help. It all depends on how thick the skulls are of the people who live around you. Eventually,once I got out of school, my collection began in earnest and it grew to frightening values-to the point where I was needing to take home loans to pick up rare pieces like honor rings, Himmler daggers, Ritters, Blood Orders, SS uniforms,etc. The nonsense never did quit, though, and I finally figured if I ever wanted to have some semblance of an ordinary life that I would have to walk away from it, and I pretty much ended up doing just that. So now, I live in a small quiet town with my wife and miniature poodle and Never mention Anything Ever about knowing Anything about WWII, WWI or the Mongol Invasion of the West! I have a few pieces from my collecting days that I especially liked, but no one Ever sees them! lol It's a Great hobby and a Fascinating one, but Be Careful! Do NOT custom make black pajamas to look like an SS Allgemeine tunic!!(and,no-just kidding, I never did!) But, I Did get a Really nice house and car and traveled the World on the money I sold everything for, so it worked out good, in any case! I still pick up bits and trinkets nowadays, but the heavy duty stuff? Nope... Good luck, rb! Keep heart- be smart- and you'll be okey! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks william so much for the story and info. I guess youre right i will just have to keep the part of the collection to myself and really dont say anything about it, I can still be a no it all its just the collection part of the factor that you schould keep to yourself.

It is better not to show German stuff to people who are not as really interested in the war as collector or history buff would be. I only show my close friends my German stuff and people who like to study history. The general public believes most Germans back then were Nazi's, but they weren’t. The public does not know better because what they were taught the whole story....but that another story.
    I never really had the problem of being called a Nazi

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast