Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Random question to everybody in the forum

Article about: I dont really either mind being called one it only was 3 times. The Nazi story is true people were taught how the nazi's were soooo bad they actully wernt the only bad thing was the perfect

Default Re: Random question to everybody in the forum

Hi Ryan:

I’m in university now, I once was a History class representative back to high school, and I remember history is the only class that I will never fall into sleep.

In Taiwan our history textbook does not talk a lot about the WW II European battlefield, most of the knowledge I was acquired from the net or related books, and somehow I think this is the key I star to build up the interest to collect WW II militaria.

Good to know there is still other young generation who are interest with the History.

Best Regards
    Joe

?

Im the only person in school who has the interest in history lol.
    Thanks
    Ryan

?

I love history especially ww2. I guess its mainly because in ever history class we would start with the landing of the mayflower or the civil war and always get right at the first world war and the semester would be over or the year would be done. The teachers always say we will try to go past the real early things and get through as much as we can, but we would always get bogged down on the industrial revolution and the beginning of the great depression and thats it. My sister teases my brother and I about being Nazi's or that we are nerds when it comes to history. I get a dig in at her about her not finishing college and that usually shuts her up.

Quote by rbemer207 View Post
    You can do that im learning ww2 this year witch is going to be a breeze for me and im going to bring all that stuff in is that i just cant bring in knives bayonets or shovels. Why can u??
    WW2 is going to be a breeze but you just failed grammar.Witch as in pointy hat and warts or which LOL.
    I think we were all stereotyped warmongers at some stage hay.
    Cheers
    Dave
    ps i failed grammar

The sad thing is that we have barely had anything about World War I and II. We had 4 classes(40 min each) about everything, 2 with WWI(We only had about the assassination that triggered it all, nothing else) then we had 2 classes about the holocaust, not a single battle was mentioned, except D-day, the teacher used 2 min at the end of the class to say where it was, what beaches and who participated.

This is really sad as we have learnt more about WW2 in other classes like Norwegian, German, English, Society classes etc.

I have been called a Nazi twice, I laughed in his face one time and made a facepalm the other time.

This is one of the reasons that I have my German items in a glass closet, you can't really see anything until you turn on the light in it. If I show people my collection, they first see all the allied stuff and then I show them the German stuff. I still have not gotten a Nazi flag, or anything big with a swastika on it, so I have not gotten that many comments about being a Nazi for collecting. But if people call me a Nazi for having a Nazi flag, I will tell them this: "I also have a British and American flag. Am I British or American?" because it is pretty much the same.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

I don't display my collection where visitors can see it. People just don't get it.
    When I did put my stuff out, it was always "What's with all the Nazi stuff ?"

I only have (4) "Nazi" iron crosses. But I do have a bunch ( around 60) of 1870s and 1914s. But any iron cross is a Nazi item to most people.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

We spend about 1 month on ww2 we go to the local holocoust museam,

?

Well I'm kind of known as the school "nazi", not because of my beliefs but due to people's ignorance in believing the history textbook 100% and when i come along and argue and give evidence proving my point they assume i am a German defender and therefore must be a nazi. Who cares?

all the best,
    Stefan

Quote by rbemer207 View Post
    Hey guys i was just thinking about how in history class everybody tells me im the walking history textbook because they say i know everything there is to know about history. Is that with anybody else in the forum, who was or is in school right now.
    Ryan
    Hey Ryan
    I hated school outright !!! and never finished (I couldn't work with the system), but history was my favorite- I also had a Vietnam vet as my teacher, great guy.

If you cop crap from others about your German collection, just tell them I'm collecting from all belligerents in WW2 (as you do) and it needs to be balanced
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-30-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: grammer

?

My social studies teacher had a teacher in high school who was a vietnam vet, he had some really cool stories that he told us that the teacher told him.
    Thanks
    Ryan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast